VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few posts from years ago on this subject but I'd like to see what's out there now. Just bought a Victory with a Lock & Ride windscreen but the keys didn't come with it. I've researched and asked all over the internet and no luck. I have an email into the manufacturer of the lock and keys but haven't heard back. I've been to numerous locksmiths and no luck. Anyone have a spare one laying around? I'm assuming they all are the same cut. Maybe that's wrong and I need one that is specific to my lock. Help!

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Is the locksmith issue due to the shape of the key or are they really bad locksmiths? If nobody here can help (which is unlikely, everyone here is helpful), I would ask a locksmith to pick them to get them open then go from there, maybe replace the cylinders with new or use screws, maybe even just replace the bracket. Assuming is the Victory branded one, have you contacted any current/former Victory dealers, one of them might have some laying around.

What is the chance that it would get stolen if the windshield wasn't locked? Depends on where you live I suppose.

·
Registered
838 Posts
= I'm assuming they all are the same cut.!
They are not all the same. I have one on my KP and my wife has one on her BW.
The keys are not the same cut.

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
I don't understand how you have not been successful having a locksmith provide a key or at least, picking them open and/or off. From what I can see, it looks like a very simple wafer type lock with only about three wafers at that. Child's play for anyone with even moderate experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.