VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we are a newly formed group and have not met one another yet, I was looking for some inputon having a Local Meet & Greet for those in the surrounding areas of Ancaster, Burlington, Dundas, Hamilton, St.Creek, Oakville, St. Catharines and Smithville.
SeeMy Last Post

Our Group Link for VOG of Ontario, CA.

http://thevog.net/groups/forum/posts/id_121/
Some input is welcome here too.
Ride Safe:

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
DSJR, Andy and Drew are in Fla also and im sure there are others as well. Hard as it is to believe, not ecveryone Hip to The Vog yet, i know i know hard to be lieve, but its true. I started a link on my facebook page and i have picked up 8 members so far. So im doing my best.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Clubford00 said:
DSJR, Andy and Drew are in Fla also and im sure there are others as well. Hard as it is to believe, not ecveryone Hip to The Vog yet, i know i know hard to be lieve, but its true. I started a link on my facebook page and i have picked up 8 members so far. So im doing my best.
They are but down South quite a ways... Andy and myself are planning to hook up one of these weekends but that is an all day event (which I don't mind...ROADTRIP)but it would be nice to find some local Victory riders to to meet up with at Steak and Shake or something similar after work... Hey I'm catching you!!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm one of these that believes in Post a ride & they will come. Keep posting rides. Take fun pics of everyone & post them. I ride even if no one shows.

I try to give an approximate time frame, type of roads, a good lunch spot and ample breaks so those who need them can. I also try to find free events to go to, as well as interesting destinations. I am always looking for Victory this or that. We have a Victory sausage factory I have been meaning to get to as well as a Victory Gold Mine! The USS Victory is in dry dock nearby I believe as well and you can go see that.

I also try to keep the rides in perspective of time. Ride west in the AM and East in the PM to avoid facing into the sun.

I'm in contact with a couple of the folks here & am trying to hook up.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

We have a Victory dealer within 20 mins. of our place and there must be aleast 10 other VOG members within that same time frame. Some are waking up sooner than others, the rest are still hibernating. LOL

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
FishWitch said:
I also try to keep the rides in perspective of time. Ride west in the AM and East in the PM to avoid facing into the sun.
Im kinda a north and south kinda guy. If i go east i start swimming after about 15 miles. And they havent put good enough wipers on a vision to get me across lake Michigan just yet.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Dang Dean! With all the gadgets on those Visions, I'm shocked to hear they don't have pontoons too!

I love hooking up with other Vicsters and try to all the time.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Count me in, but I won't be picking the bike up until mid to late April. I need to see a couple of hard rains to wash away the road salt. When it's mixed in with the sand, it gets into nooks and crannies doing it's dirty work.
I can wait

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When our SCRC chapter ever gets around to posting this year's "schedule" I'll post a link here on the Vog, anyone and everyone is welcome totag along or join the chapter.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

For the locals, we will be meeting at Peak Powersports Burlington on Saturday May 2nd at 10:30 am. Candubrainwill be comming down for service at 11:00 (and bobbyg?) so if your available drop by and we will go to Timmies for a coffee and make some new friends. Hope to see you there.
Ride Safe: OneThumb

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to The VOG members who showed up today, Brian (Candubrain), Bob (bobbyg), Mike (spider), Eddie (grolsch), Alan (OneThumb) and guest rider John on a Yamaha. We had a great visit. Hope everyone made it home safe. Thanks for the coffee Brian. OneThumb

·
Registered
834 Posts

More Pics. Brian wash your bike it looks black in the pictures.

Joey and Truman were not so impressed with how long we were out.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Nice meeting you all today, it's good to put a face to a name, hope to get some ridin in this year, london, kincardin, all good to me.
Thanks to Onethumb for gettin the ball rollin, see ya soon, spider

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.