VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if the lloydz timing gear would work on my 2002 V92. Their site makes it look like they only work for 2008 and newer models. Does anyone have any experience putting one of these on a v92 engine?

Thanks!

Gonna keep searching the forums...

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I've only seen them for the 100 and the 106. Call lloydz.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Will not work on pre 2008 bikes. The stock wheel is on the other side of the motor behind the stator on the older models. He made a different wheel for the older bikes but Installation and adjust was kind of a pain. You can get most of the same benefit by getting your ecu reprogrammed that also comes with the benefit of raising your rev limiter.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Power Commander Product Information
Power Commander III all the way back to 1999 models.
The PC-III does not do ignition timing, but the older bikes had more aggressive timing anyway.

I have the PC-III on mine. I also have the timing wheel for the older bikes... but with the Lloydz ECU flash (rev limit to 6700 and some timing advance too) and my 11:1 compression ratio, I have the wheel set at -2 degrees because octane booster gets expensive.

Retarding the timing 2 degrees allowed me to run on pump 92/93 octane gasoline... and it picked up 4 HP... so more advance doesn't necessarily mean more power.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
While we're on the subject, Power Commander's website has all sorts stuff under the "support" tab. FAQ, user guides, installation tutorials… and I have called their tech line for help. Not only will they walk you through troubleshooting an issue, but if you have an internet connection, the tech can log on to your laptop and do it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.