Lloydz installers & Dyno in Nor Cal | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Lloydz installers & Dyno in Nor Cal

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Psyop, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Psyop

Psyop New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory cross country tour
    I'm getting ready to buy a bunch of Lloydz parts for my 13 XCT, but am having a terrible time finding someone who, A: can do the install (I don't want do it myself) and, B: can also dyno tune the bike after install.

I contacted Lloydz and the only authorized dealer of Lloydz near me according to them is Arlen Ness (90 miles away), however, they don't have a dyno (spoke to them two weeks ago) and are not a Lloydz remote dyno tuning center either. (Incidentally, Arlen Ness closed their service department, then reopened under the same roof by a different company made up of former Ness badged mechanics).

Many other places in the area have Dyno's, but not many places work on Victory's (or know anything about Lloydz) and also have a Dyno. All the local victory dealers either closed up shop or no longer work on Victory's.

So, the end results is I'm in Sacramento area and I'm looking for a reputable shop less than 100 miles away who can do the Lloydz work and dyno tune, and would love it if someone could point me to a shop.

If I have to go to Southern California for a few days, I supposed I could, but I don't know of any reputable shops down there that do both pieces either (not as familiar with that area). Willing to accept suggestions for So Cal as well.

Setting all that aside, should I just bite the bullet and let Ness do the install and take it to an "all bike" dyno shop like donspeed, or rc cycles, or keep looking for a shop that knows victory's, Lloyd, and dynos? Is that a viable option?

Thanks in advance.

2. john2015gn

john2015gn Member

Gunner,Vision
    What parts from Lloydz and are you going to use? Are you going to use a power vision from Dynojet?

3. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    Get them to install the cams and let Noe do a remote Maximus tune

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Psyop

Psyop New Member

Cams, air cleaner, timing gear, power commander v.

5. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Dynojet dropped the power Vision for Victory. The flash tuner available for Victory is the Maximus and your source for products and tune is @NOEMTZ . He can hook you up with Lloydz goodies, Maximus tuner with a custom tune or remote tune.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    if you don’t already have the PCV or the timing wheel, I’d go with the Maximus instead. No timing wheel needed and no piggyback multi-failure points.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Psyop

Psyop New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. How does this work? Are they all ecm changes only? If i go with Maximus tune what happens if i do additional work (pipe swap, for example)? Another Maximus tune?

thanks

8. Alwhite00

Alwhite00 Active Member

Victory
    I put in cams, filter and ATS with a PCV from fuel moto. I told them my mods and they put a “canned” tune in it and it was unbelievably close on the dyno. Yes I tweaked it a bit but definitely could have ran the canned tune without issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    @NOEMTZ can fill you in. He does remote tuning and can get you setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    It's already been said, but let me chime in. Noe did my installs and maximus tune. I know you have to do the installs locally, but Maximus is the way to go. You can set a lot more parameters in much more detail using the Maximus. And Noe has got it down on the remote tunes. Sat in his shop one afternoon shooting the breeze and watching him perform a remote. Piece of cake.

On a side note: @NOEMTZ I've got a brand new yuasa battery I just charged but didn't use. I'll call you later and if you're around, bring it by. You can have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. NOEMTZ

NOEMTZ Well-Known Member

Victory & Indian
    Thanks

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. DAVEofSAC

DAVEofSAC Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    'K...
    So, I'm in the Sac area as well (southern Roseville... well, Antelope) 'n yer right since I purchased my Vision (back in '14) there've been limited options in maintenance 'n repair for Victorys.

First, if ya haven't tried the local Victory dealer ya should. They don't have much of a presence 'cuz they're dicks... but, ya should visit them anyway to explore yer options. They have a GREAT facebook followin' (but, that's 'bout it):

Victory Motorcycles of Citrus Heights
    (916) 725-8158
    7601 Auburn Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA 95610

These guys will LOVE to work on yer Victory! The Led Mechanic reminds me of Indian-Larry... short, wiry, long haired, 'n tattooed. He's a throw back to original chopper fabricators. He's cool to talk to 'n has a wealth of 'sperience. Geno, his son, is the sales guru up front. He has a side business buildin' custom parts (Sykotic Industries). They're both bikers... so there's somethin' to be said 'bout that. The mom keeps the books together. With her heavy Irish brogue ya can tell her country of origin immediately. They'll be GLAD to sell ya Lloydz parts 'n install 'em. What they don't like is for ya to bring 'em parts to install. Also, they'd like to take time to do the job right (so plan on leavin' the bike with 'em) 'n they're reasonably priced. Sorry--no dyno but, they can direct ya so they're worth checkin' out.

The next closest, DECENT, Victory mechanics are in Yuba City. Twin Rivers Polaris...

Twin Rivers Polaris is located in Yuba City, CA. Shop our large online inventory.

They're kinda like Citrus Heights in that they'd prefer ya buy OEM parts, rather than bring yer own, 'n do a GOOD job for the money. They're a GREAT value! They installed my 1st replacement clutch (I've had 4). All the mechanics ride so, again, there's that. But, they work on all kinds of vehicles (they're not a motorcycle shop per-say): ATV's, side-by-sides, generators.... Still, no dyno (hummmm).

Then there's Auburn Extreme Sports ('nother Polaris dealership)...

Auburn Extreme Powersports is located in Auburn, CA. Shop our large online inventory.

They had one REALLY good motorcycle mechanic who would bunch-up the bikes to work on (i.e., he would make appointments for bikes to work on one day a week). They're a Polaris dealership so they work on anything related to the manufacturer. Never tried 'em 'cuz I'm not one to wait--for this reason I've been doin' the work on my Vision for the past 5 yr.s. I've: installed 'n programmed my PC-V, added a top filter, adjusted the timin' wheel, serviced forks (bought some tools 'n read-up on it), replace my own tires (take the hoops down to Cycle Gear off of I-80 'n buy the tires from 'em), 'n installed ('n upgraded) my sound system.

Close to me there's BHP Motorsports who do dyno's. They're motorcycle mechanics--not Victory mechanics. When I talked to 'em, they said they'd dyno'd a few Victorys 'n are willin' to learn with a quote of $300 (back in '17). Yet, I can see that $300 turnin' into $500 quickly as they're learnin' on my bike. Still, they're an option.

When Victorys where all the rage back in '08 to '16 there was a guy in Yuba City who could dyno a Victory like no body's business...

Rohm Performance Machines (RPM)
    (530) 674-9123
    3120 Industrial Dr, Yuba City, CA 95993

I'd recommend talkin' to Billy to make an appointment 'n see if ya like 'im. He gave me a quote of $500 (back in '17) without question. With Billy there's no learnin' curve, no guessin', he knows engines 'n will make ya happy!

'ope this helps in yer quest for MORE power....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Psyop

Psyop New Member

Thanks for all the info, @DAVEofSAC. I'm only two years Into my victory life, so I appreciate the local vendor info, and everyone's replies to help.

I spoke to Gino at Citrus Heights (sykotic industries), and they'll do the work and let me bring my already purchased parts. They want 799 for the Maximus tune; it's about 875 to buy a license and hardware and have Noe do it, but maybe I shouldn't fret about the cost at Citrus Heights because they're not making money on the sale of parts?

14. DAVEofSAC

DAVEofSAC Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    GOOD for you!
    I had 'n on-again-off-again relationship with 'em the 1st of my bike.
    Then, maw laid the law down! We don't 'preciate ya comin' 'round with all 'em parts 'n not lettin' us make our 30% off ya (not to mention the 2+ weeks wait most o' the time). I thought... hey, they'd at least make some money off me with the labor then, they did my forks 'n didn't cinche-up the fork stems in the triple-tree. Pulled out my allens at the gas station before I went any further....

Needless to say I haven't gone back.

15. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    I'm in the auto repair industry, this happens all the time. People walk through the door with parts all the time. A few folks get asked the question, "when you go out to eat breakfast, do you take your own bacon and eggs?" Others you just make up the difference in labor.

• Agree Agree x 2