Lloydz Chieftain: 238 hp, 220+ torque | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Lloydz Chieftain: 238 hp, 220+ torque

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by notaharley, Feb 28, 2019.

1. notaharley

notaharley Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    VISION, BABY!
    Lloyd claims reliability, fuel economy, and massive power with his builds.

Nice to be near Indian of Charlotte!

• Like Like x 5
  2. greasemonkey

greasemonkey Active Member

Victory Crossroads
    I love the fact their moving forward with this stuff.

3. notaharley

VISION, BABY!
    I have a lot of faith in Lloyd. He did amazing things for Victory-- no one else did what he did.
    I am also very happy that progress is being made....especially since I bought a Chieftain.
    I would still give my Victory higher marks for power and handling.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. greasemonkey

greasemonkey Active Member

Victory Crossroads
    I trust the Lloyd stuff to. I feel like their stuff is top notch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Lloyd did my ride, cams, VFC 3, Dyno... in 2010 and still running great. Fast and fun. Had her out today and was blowing the sweat from my brow...

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. notaharley

VISION, BABY!
    Your sweating in...February! Not here yeat, but it has been hitting 60 lately here in East TN. Looking forward to 70's!

Lloyd's stuff has been top notch. He helped me quite a bit over the phone with my Cross Roads.

7. BrotherWind

BrotherWind Well-Known Member

Vision tour 10th anniversary. #90
    Yea it went from the 20's - 30's to the mid 70's. Wanted to bleed my clutch but the reverse really gets in the way. Can't kneel with new knee yet so said screw it and let my brother, the wind, cool me. Love the performance that Lloyds deliver. Ride on brother...

8. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    That Indian I would own less the Po po stickers.

9. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    I know he has a great rep in the industry but with those kind of #,s I,m really skeptical of the reliability and longevity for long distance touring on a motor built like that. Ive tried it twice thru the years on Harleys with builders swaring with our technology today reliability no problem. I blew 2 motors with less then 25g on both times all of it heat damage. Running hard in high heat 800 to 1000 mile days in 95 to 105 temps. Air cooled motors built like that just run to hot IMO to have any longevity and reliability. Gonna have to prove it to me. this guy Larry on another forum has a bone stock chieftain and never been in the motor 252,000 miles obviously the man tours in a serious way. along with 3 other guys with a 100g plus same scenario. and larry claims hes been clacking since day 1 and still is lol. I,m beginning to think despite the lack of power vs the 106 they mite have something here. Again time will tell

• Like Like x 2
  10. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    I've ridden with George on hic SC106 XC that makes 175hp. I think he said he has more than 75k miles on it now.

I can't see the SC111 getting 40mpg. I did a SS1000 with my buddy on his Chieftain before cam install and he wasn't getting close to 40 mpg.

11. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I don’t know that Lloyd was going for a record mile runner with that build. I think he was just trying to show that he could get to big Hp/TQ numbers with the 111..... what with Victory gone and all .....he needs to stay alive too.

The Indian bike / motor while different than the 106 Vic bikes is still a good bike. The fact that Lloyd’s has found a home in Indian and not throwing in the towel completely like so many has given a sense of promise to us Vic riders that not only can he still service us but there is another good bike available that can be made to run strong.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. notaharley

VISION, BABY!
    Well said.
    It meant a lot to me and really did influence my decision to buy an Indian, having Lloydz involved.
    He's a great guy, and if he says it's good to go, well, then it is.

At Charlotte Indian, you can have the master upgrade your bike before it leaves the dealership.

Great having him down here, as well as in NY.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Mike ! How are you? Hope your enjoying your Indian.
    Now you know HD motors can make that HP but they won’t be together for the long run. The motor design from moco is still somewhat antiquated and the new 107 while better (more efficient) it’s not. Not sure what their thinking in the hardware dept at HD but sh!t is breaking inside. Cranks are still crap..... a report of rocker arm girdles snapping...... exhaust valve seating issues ? IDK that is trust a HD motor for a build. Now S&S ? That’s a different story but you will pay !

I like the Indian ride much better than the SG ride. All around the Indian is a better bike and starting at 21,999 it’s away better price.
    A 200 hp 111 must be really something different to ride. Can you imagine PJRo’s motor in Cross country ? With the long legs a 106 has I think it would be insane and scary at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    Hey Vic How are you ? was down in florida in January and took your advice. we looked around leesburg, Grand island and MT Dora beautiful areas. The boss and myself both liked them we appreciate the heads up. Still winter here in chi town but looks like its about ready to turn. THANK GOD ! I agree with everything you said and wont have any miles to talk about on the Indian till this seasons over. So far im pretty happy but a couple coast to coast trips will give me a better idea. You know what I,m getting at a 200 HP motor for a touring bike air cooled at that your gonna have to show me as far as reliability. And one season is not gonna tell the story. How about 4 seasons and 70 to 80.000 miles and its still together and you haven't been inside of it. Now you got my attention ! Telling me its built right sounds great now show me

• Like Like x 1
  15. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Yeah buddy ! M a show me guy too. Been around the big HP stuff before and heard the pitch. I’ll take enhanced stock all day long for longevity. As far as big HP stuff ? I’ll expect to pay if it breaks. How you treat it is everything.
    Damm ... take another trip down to Mt Dora for Leesburg bike fest end of April. That’s the best bike event in Florida as far as we Floridians are concerned.

• Like Like x 1