VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BIG NEWS!!!

For immediate release: V-Twin Industry Leaders Purchase Indian Motorcycle Charlotte; Iconic Dealership to Become Southeast Destination for Riders

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (April 13, 2018) - Lloyd Greer and Tim Sutherland, two leaders in the American V-twin cruiser motorcycle industry, have joined forces to purchase Indian Motorcycle Charlotte, the iconic North Carolina dealership poised to become North America's top retailer of the legendary brand of bikes.

Greer and Sutherland have partnered to make the dealership in Lowell, N.C., the leading source of new and used Indian Motorcycles, performance products and services, accessories, apparel, and custom bike builds. The dealership will offer performance products and services from Greer's performance company, Lloyd'z Motorworkz, and accessories and custom components from Sutherland's 1901 Customs and HotVic. The dealership will also be an authorized Victory Motorcycles servicing dealer.

"We're excited to take ownership of one of the most iconic and best Indian Motorcycle dealerships in the country," said Greer. "We feel it's a perfect match of our shared skills with the awesome Charlotte market and its huge growth potential."

"Lloyd and I and our teams will strengthen the already outstanding Charlotte dealership staff to offer customers the best in accessories, reliable service work, outstanding performance work, and creative custom treatments," said Sutherland.

All current Indian Motorcycle Charlotte employees will be retained, including dealership founder Mark Moses, who will continue to help oversee daily operations. "Mark is highly respected for his Indian Motorcycle expertise, and we're excited that he will stay to help us optimize the dealership's growth," said Greer.

Indian Motorcycle Charlotte opened in 2008 and was an immediate retail landmark with its stylish and distinctive architecture. The dealership was created as the flagship store for the corporation that at that time was producing Indian models in Kings Mountain, N.C. Indian Motorcycle today is a division of Polaris, and all Indian vehicles are manufactured in Spirit Lake, Iowa.

For nearly two decades, Greer has been widely regarded as the leading source of performance products and engine builds for Victory motorcycle owners. He has built engines and complete bikes that have set land speed run world records, and has teamed with builders such as Sutherland to create award-winning custom bikes.

Sutherland is co-owner of Coastal Indian Motorcycle of Myrtle Beach, a leading Indian dealership located in Murrells Inlet, S.C., that was previously a top Victory Motorcycles retailer. He also founded and operates two thriving custom accessories companies, 1901 Customs and HotVic.

Greer and Sutherland and members of their staffs will split their time between their existing businesses and Indian Motorcycle Charlotte. Greer said his Pine Bush, New York, facility will remain the retail distribution center for Lloyd'z products, and will become his performance R&D center. All Indian and Victory performance work will be done at the Charlotte dealership, where the top Lloyd'z performance builder, Josh Baird, will be located.

Sutherland and his family will continue to own and operate the Coastal, 1901 Customs, and HotVic businesses in South Carolina, and he will spend considerable time operating the Charlotte dealership. He plans to oversee design and creation of a series of Charlotte Indian Motorcycle customs.

"With the Charlotte dealership's landmark facility, and our expanded new team, we're confident this will become the must-visit destination dealership for riders traveling in the Southeast," said Sutherland.

"Working together at the Charlotte facility will allow Tim and me to concentrate on developing new products and to strengthen our position in the Indian performance and custom communities worldwide," Greer said.

Charlotte Indian Motorcycle is located at 110 Indian Walk, Lowell, NC 28098, which is just west of Charlotte on I-85. The store is also online at www.IndianMotorcycleCharlotte.com and on Facebook.

Jacket Beard Drink Red Hat

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
BIG NEWS!!!

For immediate release: V-Twin Industry Leaders Purchase Indian Motorcycle Charlotte; Iconic Dealership to Become Southeast Destination for Riders

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (April 13, 2018) - Lloyd Greer and Tim Sutherland, two leaders in the American V-twin cruiser motorcycle industry, have joined forces to purchase Indian Motorcycle Charlotte, the iconic North Carolina dealership poised to become North America's top retailer of the legendary brand of bikes.

Greer and Sutherland have partnered to make the dealership in Lowell, N.C., the leading source of new and used Indian Motorcycles, performance products and services, accessories, apparel, and custom bike builds. The dealership will offer performance products and services from Greer's performance company, Lloyd'z Motorworkz, and accessories and custom components from Sutherland's 1901 Customs and HotVic. The dealership will also be an authorized Victory Motorcycles servicing dealer.

"We're excited to take ownership of one of the most iconic and best Indian Motorcycle dealerships in the country," said Greer. "We feel it's a perfect match of our shared skills with the awesome Charlotte market and its huge growth potential."

"Lloyd and I and our teams will strengthen the already outstanding Charlotte dealership staff to offer customers the best in accessories, reliable service work, outstanding performance work, and creative custom treatments," said Sutherland.

All current Indian Motorcycle Charlotte employees will be retained, including dealership founder Mark Moses, who will continue to help oversee daily operations. "Mark is highly respected for his Indian Motorcycle expertise, and we're excited that he will stay to help us optimize the dealership's growth," said Greer.

Indian Motorcycle Charlotte opened in 2008 and was an immediate retail landmark with its stylish and distinctive architecture. The dealership was created as the flagship store for the corporation that at that time was producing Indian models in Kings Mountain, N.C. Indian Motorcycle today is a division of Polaris, and all Indian vehicles are manufactured in Spirit Lake, Iowa.

For nearly two decades, Greer has been widely regarded as the leading source of performance products and engine builds for Victory motorcycle owners. He has built engines and complete bikes that have set land speed run world records, and has teamed with builders such as Sutherland to create award-winning custom bikes.

Sutherland is co-owner of Coastal Indian Motorcycle of Myrtle Beach, a leading Indian dealership located in Murrells Inlet, S.C., that was previously a top Victory Motorcycles retailer. He also founded and operates two thriving custom accessories companies, 1901 Customs and HotVic.

Greer and Sutherland and members of their staffs will split their time between their existing businesses and Indian Motorcycle Charlotte. Greer said his Pine Bush, New York, facility will remain the retail distribution center for Lloyd'z products, and will become his performance R&D center. All Indian and Victory performance work will be done at the Charlotte dealership, where the top Lloyd'z performance builder, Josh Baird, will be located.

Sutherland and his family will continue to own and operate the Coastal, 1901 Customs, and HotVic businesses in South Carolina, and he will spend considerable time operating the Charlotte dealership. He plans to oversee design and creation of a series of Charlotte Indian Motorcycle customs.

"With the Charlotte dealership's landmark facility, and our expanded new team, we're confident this will become the must-visit destination dealership for riders traveling in the Southeast," said Sutherland.

"Working together at the Charlotte facility will allow Tim and me to concentrate on developing new products and to strengthen our position in the Indian performance and custom communities worldwide," Greer said.

Charlotte Indian Motorcycle is located at 110 Indian Walk, Lowell, NC 28098, which is just west of Charlotte on I-85. The store is also online at www.IndianMotorcycleCharlotte.com and on Facebook.
Sounds pretty cool---

I guess I moved South just in time!!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Sounds pretty cool---

I remember you asking about areas in the south that would be to move to. Where did you end up moving? Signature still shows NH.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds pretty cool---

Should be what? 3 hours from you? I know you've said it but I don't remember where exactly you moved to.

Reactions: tree1979

·
Registered
404 Posts
"Greer said his Pine Bush, New York, facility will remain the retail distribution center for Lloyd'z products, and will become his performance R&D center. All Indian and Victory performance work will be done at the Charlotte dealership, where the top Lloyd'z performance builder, Josh Baird, will be located."

Wait a minute....All performance work will be done in Charlotte and Pine Bush is a research center? So Pine Bush will no longer work on customer's bikes?? Did I read that correct?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a huge endeavor for these guys. Hear hoping for their sake that Polaris does well with the Indian line.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Greer said his Pine Bush, New York, facility will remain the retail distribution center for Lloyd'z products, and will become his performance R&D center. All Indian and Victory performance work will be done at the Charlotte dealership, where the top Lloyd'z performance builder, Josh Baird, will be located."

Wait a minute....All performance work will be done in Charlotte and Pine Bush is a research center? So Pine Bush will no longer work on customer's bikes?? Did I read that correct?
I've asked that question for you on Facebook. I'll let you know.

Reactions: Yago20 and tree1979

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Wow, great news. With people like this jumping on board the Indian brand will do even better in spite of Polaris management.

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a response from Erika at Lloydz. It doesn't look like they will be working on customers bikes in Pine Bush.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From Erika:

I hardly say never. But never say never. We have almost 40 bikes coming through here next week. We may have dates in the future. But all big bores, superchargers, etc will be done by Josh and crew down there

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Good news for Indian riders but why is this in the Victory general discussion instead of the Indian section?
Still Victory related as Lloydz will still be providing upgrades for Victory bikes, and will no longer perform the work in NY.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I knew it was only a matter of time before Lloyd went all in on Indian. But that is not a bad thing. I see this as a win for everyone, really. Lloyd is not turning his back on the loyal Vic clientele that put him on the map; he is just making a sound business decision to bring his skill and expertise to more of the Polaris family. This could serve to further legitimize Indian by bringing world-class service and performance solutions to the brand as well as putting this presence into a bigger and more accessible part of the country.

Sure, it doesn't help us guys that are out West. But that is OK, because we have @Vicbuilder and the boys at the Vic Shop to help us! I'm quite sure that Rylan has already begun diversifying his service catalog as well. In fact, I would not be surprised if he did not rebrand his company at some point to reflect that change. Wouldn't bother me a bit. If I can ever get my sh!t together I'll be heading to Iowa for that big bore.

I wish Lloyd and team all the best. This could be big.

Reactions: BBob and CPT PYRO

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Still Victory related as Lloydz will still be providing upgrades for Victory bikes, and will no longer perform the work in NY.

After re-reading it I see Lloyd will still be doing his thing in NY but also expanding and splitting his time down in Charlotte. That's a tough row to hoe for an extended amount of time. I wish him luck but have a feeling he will end up spending most his time at one or the other eventually.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I hope they do very well with their partnership, may have to take a trip out that way and check the place out.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I asked about TN -- and liked what I heard. Sold the house and moved in October.
I'm in Mountain City....like 5 minutes from the Snake and 2 hours from the Dragon!
I'll be in your area end of may. Headed to the SEVR, it hitting the snake and Maggie valley area first.

Reactions: CPT PYRO
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.