VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one got the Lloyds air intake system on there vision with out cams I asked this on another forum and all I got was people talking about air filters I’m talking about the system that sits on top of the intakes with adjustable inserts .if you have this system is it worth the money and what difference did it make ?

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
I knew someone had it. It's Oldman47.

I have that same system in my Vision but with the smallest insert because I don't have cams or open pipes. Even after a fresh dyno I can't say they made much difference.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
You're best off calling one of the engine builders. My understanding is this part is designed to adjust the intake to match better with your other mods. If you don't have other mods then there probably isn't much matching to do.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Huh. Restrictor plate. Go figure... With closed loop fuel injection seems to me it wouldn't help at all. I figure that all the variables were compensated for with the electronics in play. I could see some help / hurt on a normally aspirated engine....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a email reply from Lloyd’z today which I think is great considering I’m in the Uk .i told them I do a lot of commuting and rare to do more than 80-90mph (speed cameras everywhere)and there general opinion was cams probably not ideal for me but say the intake would improve the low down torque and give more useable power for my usage .my vision is stage 1 with K&N and timing wheel and tuner they did say to add top filter as well but would still like to here from people who have fitted the adjustable intake to here what they think

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Had a email reply from Lloyd'z today which I think is great considering I'm in the Uk .i told them I do a lot of commuting and rare to do more than 80-90mph (speed cameras everywhere)and there general opinion was cams probably not ideal for me but say the intake would improve the low down torque and give more useable power for my usage .my vision is stage 1 with K&N and timing wheel and tuner they did say to add top filter as well but would still like to here from people who have fitted the adjustable intake to here what they think
Had a email reply from Lloyd'z today which I think is great considering I'm in the Uk .i told them I do a lot of commuting and rare to do more than 80-90mph (speed cameras everywhere)and there general opinion was cams probably not ideal for me but say the intake would improve the low down torque and give more useable power for my usage .my vision is stage 1 with K&N and timing wheel and tuner they did say to add top filter as well but would still like to here from people who have fitted the adjustable intake to here what they think
I assume you have the front air filter which some call the K&N, The purpose of the Adjustable air intake is to smooth out the air and produce a more even flow into the intake the with correct size insert . If lloydz says so than it is. In my opinion you may want to consider removing the stock front and rear rubber baffles behind the front filter and if you remove the top plate where Lloydz top filter would go, look inside just forward there is a restrictor.

This was for EU emissions noise control. if you remove them this will let more air in from the front and top and give a pretty interesting sound. In theory the adjustable air intake should do what it is designed for. I am not convinced it added much to my combination in real world application.. I had it pretty much all done.

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
I have a top filter on both of mine and it was a big improvement. I would start with that. I bet you'll be happy with just it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a top filter on both of mine and it was a big improvement. I would start with that. I bet you'll be happy with just it.
Same here. I can't say for sure that it made any real power difference, but the sound difference is without a doubt cool enough that the top filter is well worth the cost.

I think that variable intake thing would require tuning plus someone that knew what they were tuning for it to definitely have a positive effect - just throw it in and you could potentially make things worse. It doesn't seem like the best way to spend money on a drop-in improvement, when you could do the other things you haven't done that would definitely improve it. If you've done everything but cams, save up for cams and then get the tune and adjustable intake later. If you don't have an underdrive pulley it's a cheap way to make your bike feel a ****load faster and costs in the same neighborhood as that adjustable intake that you probably won't really benefit from very much.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am actually running a real K&N because the others just rot with the Uk weather .i tried removing the front rubber and it seams to reduce the low down torque on mine I have actually considered removing it and replace it with a custom more cone shaped ones to create a more ram air effect .

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Same here. I can't say for sure that it made any real power difference, but the sound difference is without a doubt cool enough that the top filter is well worth the cost.

I
I am actually running a real K&N because the others just rot with the Uk weather .i tried removing the front rubber and it seams to reduce the low down torque on mine I have actually considered removing it and replace it with a custom more cone shaped ones to create a more ram air effect .
Your assessment about losing a bit of torque contradicts What Lloydz showed me on the Dyno when I got my Vision done. If that is your finding than using that as a guide you shouldn't do anything else.? you get no advantage then by thinking about the AIS and top filter. Any change requires another adjustment to optimize it as much as possible.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
!-You have a K&N in the front with basically a plug behind it to minimize noise. After that you have another baffle near the top to minimize reverberation in the air box. The next step is if you have more air a proper way of tuning it. One of my first mods was the stage 1 which I was very disappointed in.
I asked what is this thing in my bag. Oh that's the baffle for EU conforming , you get more air without it. I asked what if I left it in?. Answer-might as well leave the stock air filter then.

You do not lose TQ by doing the above. what you have is a massive restriction. I believe what I see on the Dyno first and then what I feel. Do not believe in the butt Dyno. Those cheeks lie.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Rylan at the vic shop said out of all his dyno runs removing the front rubber tuba changes nothing. It doesn't give you more power or take away power.

Now if you add lloydz top intake you most definitely need it dyno tuned cause of the way it changes the air intake.
There is a vision rider here that has had it done

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Rylan at the vic shop said out of all his dyno runs removing the front rubber tuba changes nothing. It doesn't give you more power or take away power.

Now if you add lloydz top intake you most definitely need it dyno tuned cause of the way it changes the air intake.
There is a vision rider here that has had it done
Its Removing both that changes it. I verified this with an aft gauge. I tried this when I was deciding to deal with intake noise or not. I have to assume that if there was a difference to make it leaner then there is a requirement for a tad more fuel. It only showed leaner at idle light cruise and freeway speeds. Not at WOT. Did this equate to more power? not sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.