VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I was at Ocean City MD bike week last year and saw at a Victory Tent, an 09 Cory Ness Jackpot with a LED lighted cheese wedge on it. It had individual LED in each indent on the wedge and there were no holes in it where the light shinned through. Anyone know where to get these?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Never have seen this before. I off???

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
there was a vendor at the VMC offering these for a while Quite pricey from what I remember but yeah kind of cool.

I'm thinking it was CycleOps but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did a "one-off" LED engine / cheeze wedge mod using Wizard LED kit. I cut out the center of the CW and replaced with formed Lexan piece. Frosted the back side of the lexan with vinyl. I drilled the holes so light would shine though. Had a local sign shop make the 106 graphic. I can change colors, fade, etc. Not necessary, but it's kinda cool at night. I had a 6 pod kit and only used 1 pod for each wedge. Could have added more to be brighter, but stayed with the one. Making the lexan piece took some patience (forming hot Lexan to fit shape), but install of the lights was easy!

Here is is with lights off:

Blue:

Purple:

·
Registered
224 Posts

We discussed this with the guys that installed my new LED lights.. it would be very cool to do. They were not sure how to do it though.
Here's some pictures of my new lighting. They even back lit BEHIND the cheese wedge for me.. and under each fender and tank.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
that looks pretty good Belles, do airplanes circle around you waiting for permission to land?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Clubford00 said:
No they chase her down the highway wondering why the runway is moving !
I'm picturing the original Airplane movie with Robert Hays and Julie Hagerty wondering why the runway is moving LOL

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hahaha.. yeah, they look bright.. and on the highest setting, they probably are, but the photo was taken in nearly complete darkness with only a street light. The low setting is very subdued.. very cool looking. I'm just glad to be a bit more visible at night. If they can't see me with those, I don't know what else to do! LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks OneThumb. Not exactly what I was looking for but very cool. Price is alittle ridiculous though.
BellesAZ.. Think your lighting looks great. I love the light you were able to get in the wheels. Looks awesome. Where did you mount the lights for the wheels and what kind are they, Pods, strips, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.