VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put in a under fender turn signals on my 2014 Vegas 8 ball. I'm getting hyper flashing and yes I know why. I'm looking to eventually replace and add more LED lighting. I'm ovice on bike wiring so first do I use resistors or a load limiter? Is the load limiter good for all the lights or do I need one for the turn signals another for the head light Etc..

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Headlight doesn't need anything. The purpose of the load equalizers is to prevent the hyper-flash. FYI, it might be a better way to go to switch out the flasher relay module to the XC/XR one instead of adding a bunch more electronics. If you choose to add the resistors, you'll need one for each side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm
Headlight doesn't need anything. The purpose of the load equalizers is to prevent the hyper-flash. FYI, it might be a better way to go to switch out the flasher relay module to the XC/XR one instead of adding a bunch more electronics. If you choose to add the resistors, you'll need one for each side.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
111 Posts
Custom Dynamics makes a load equalizer that will handle both sides instead of having to use 2 resistors but I agree with @PDXLaserGazer that replacing the flasher relay is probably the better solution, it's plug-and-play and doesn't require any wired trapping. But if you decide to go the other way, my bike is an 06 and not compatible with the flasher relay so I used the load equalizer and it has worked without any problems. Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signal Load Equalizer Module For Victory 2005-2016 - RevZilla

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the light came with a 3 pole (3 pin) relay but the one on my bike is a multi pin (smaller pins that plug into the stock relay) how do I wire the 3 pin?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Was the light you bought Victory specific? I would guess the really that was included with the light might fit a different bike and won't work in yours. If you post pictures someone might recognize the part or be able to give better insight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.