VOG Forum banner

LED Headlight for Steel Frame 5.75"

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RickB 
#1 ·
Quite easy to do with just a sharp cutting tool.

Note: Careful working around the new lamp, the lens could scratch easily.
The rubber gasket just needs to be trimmed to get it to fit around the new lamp. This is with the rubber gasket trimmed. All you have to do is trim off the triangle-like fingers... You'll understand when you get in there.

The basket is not needed. I thought it was going to be needed as a spacer so I trimmed it all the way. NOT NEEDED!

From here on it's plug-n-play. Light is bright and crisp.

The best part...

See less See more
#2 ·
At that price, I'd have a spare on hand.

#3 ·
The rubber gasket just needs to be trimmed to get it to fit around the new lamp. This is with the rubber gasket trimmed. All you have to do is trim off the triangle-like fingers... You'll understand when you get in there.
That's nuts. So trimming the inside fingers on the gasket allows the new lamp to be essentially plug-and-play then. And it all fit back together tightly to remain waterproof I'm assuming? A sharp knife is the only tool I'd need once I've pulled off the headlight casing?
It looks really good on your bike and all of the ebay reviews are positive. That price is just hard to believe! Have you done much night riding with it?
Thanks for sharing all that!

#4 ·
I've done a little riding with it. So far I need to get to a wall and adjust the vertical aim. Low beam at night is BRIGHT, very wide angle view. Hi beam looks like it leaves a bit to be desired, but I'm still not certain if I have it angled correctly. High during the day is nice and blinding for on coming traffic.

#6 ·
...nice that's what we need on the road "blinding" lights - like the D-Bags with 4 or more LED lights on their autos making hard for people to see at nite cuz they think it looks cool.
I suppose the way I wrote that made it easy to receive out of context. Should have been more like, High during the day is nice for self visibility.

#9 ·
Yea I have had HID lights on other bikes and once you get it installed it looks great. If you can find a place to hide all the extra wiring. I also ran into a problem once on a Suzuki where the stator and rectifier had to be replaced due to an HID install (or faulty wiring). So I was trying to stay away from that. Plus LED’s are the future man. Automakers are starting to use them more. IMO they seem to be just as bright and probably hold up to more vibration. I’ll figure something out. And when I do and I don’t like it there’s always room for another project. Hahaha

#10 ·
Hello I could not get any pictures to come up I don't understand why unless they are taken down. I am trying to put an LED in my 2017 Vegas the gasket was not the issue unfortunately mine was the wiring bracket kept the bike light from sitting flush inside it. I love the light and the company eagle lights so I wondered what type of led light you used for your bike? Any response would be greatly appreciated thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.