VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed mine in July 2017. They work great. These appear to be an upgrade. Notifications either through the fairing speakers or helmet headset. Check your tires before getting onboard and without lying on the ground.

FOBO BIKE 2-Truly Bluetooth 5 TPMS For Motorcycles

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
The two sets I have now will send the ding into whatever bluetooth source I want it too. It looks to me the main difference with the new model is the text alert and a smaller size going from quarter size to penny size. I dont really know why I would need any other alert than what my current ones have. My phone dings and the alert is posted in my alerts. The smaller size would be nice but I cant say I have had any issues with the ones I have.

I might get these for my truck. My current set is some no name model but has worked fine. It is not bluetooth and instead sends the info to a receiver I have plugged into my center console. It does beep when one is low but it would be nice to go to my phone like the bikes.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought they looked smaller. I wonder what they weigh? The larger ones are 10 grams. I use CounterAct balancing beads to compensate for the added weight. They work great and checking pressures before a ride is drop dead simple.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I've had the 1st Gen fobo for a couple years now. Great product, getting cheaper priced too!!
Highly recommend.
Webby

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Though using t-valve stems would make setting pressures way easier, I'll go without.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I haven't gotten the T-stems yet.

I have 3 levels of alerts already. First my phone go off, wife screams (Vegas has scared the crap out of my wife a couple of times ) then the threats begin.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I bought a T-valve stem for the rear, was going to have it installed when I got new tires last summer but decided not to. Figured since I have to crawl around on the floor to air it up it's not much of a bigger deal to unscrew the FOBO. I didn't want the extra spinning weight, and you get used to the slight drop in pressure when you screw the unit on, and compensate for it.

My wheels are balanced with stickum weights; no problem with balance whatsoever.

I love these things. Probably the best thing about them is that you check (and adjust) your pressure more often. I think keeping on top of it makes tires last a lot longer.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love these things. Probably the best thing about them is that you check (and adjust) your pressure more often. I think keeping on top of it makes tires last a lot longer.
How many of us did the usual tire pressure check - kicking the tire to feel if it's still hard?? I'm one of the guilty ones. I wrote to the manufacturer asking what level of smartphone technology is required for the old and new units. This is the reply:

Old FOBO Bike - device suing iOS 7.1 and Android 4.3 or above with Bluetooth 4.
New FBO Bike 2 - device using iOS 9.3 and Android 5 or later with Bluetooth 5.0 or 4.0.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love my FOBO TPMS! However - when I first got it, my Android 8.00 phone would initially read both sensors but would then only update the front sensor regularly. I messed around with settings, switching positions, etc. and such for a few days. The problem followed the sensor, so FOBO very graciously sent me a replacement sensor. The problem persisted with the new sensor. I finally dragged out an old Android 4.something phone which had no SIMM card, deleted all the software from it and installed the FOBO app. Problem solved. I just toss the old phone in one of the fairing compartments and check the tires whenever I stop for gas. My conclusion: the sensors are great but the phone app is twitchy and other apps probably conflict with it. As a bonus, if I ever lose my new cell phone, the old phone without the SIMM card will work for a 911 call.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I ordered a set today. I got a good deal on eBay - $75 shipped. Should be here by Friday. I'm all for anything that makes me more conscious of my tire pressure and other routine checks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.