VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't recommend this unless your like me and just can't leave well enough alone.

Larry cut an air path in the rubber intake below the throttle bodies.

I like the sound of his bike so much I wanted to try this on my XCT.
Problem is the XCT has an idle control valve that maintains the idle speed.
If you mess with this or disconnect it, the ECU will turn on the check engine light..

Also I had to completely disconnect my PCV as the bike wouldn't even run after the passage way between the cyl intake boot was drilled out.

Here is what it sounds like now..

Ok this is n my basement. And my wife is going to kill me.

I had to unhook my PCV as the bike wouldn't even run.it changed the tune so much...
I thought oh oh I screwed up....

Now I will try a all zero map and start tuning again

ps
Anyone know what it means when the auto tune constantly flash 3 times then a pause and 3 times over and over.
All I have to do is turn the key on and it flashes .
I figure it's an error but can't find any info on Power Comander web site....

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I don't recommend this unless your like me and just can't leave well enough alone.

Larry cut an air path in the rubber intake below the throttle bodies.

I like the sound of his bike so much I wanted to try this on my XCT.
Problem is the XCT has an idle control valve that maintains the idle speed.
If you mess with this or disconnect it, the ECU will turn on the check engine light..

Also I had to completely disconnect my PCV as the bike wouldn't even run after the passage way between the cyl intake boot was drilled out.

Here is what it sounds like now..

This POS site will not except a file from my iPhone
I will convert the file and upload later
Lloyd told me it won't work on a closed loop bike (yours).
On mine it changed the tune dramatically.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Yeah so I would leave well enough alone.
Buy an EVO if you want that sound and don’t want to go fast.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
When I got my Vic I wanted the lope, but after some performance add-ons I don't care anymore...especially if it hurt the performance.

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
OK...here's my take on having a "LOPE"....sure thought cool when first started reading about some trying to get the sound. BUT, in the mean time here's my corrected thoughts: I had a 1968 427 Camaro, built and dyno'd 600+hp...MAN did it have a LOPE:icon_thumleft: the problem I had, while cruising the FAMOUS WOODWARD AVE here in Michigan, was either next to someone at light or going thru drive-ins, was when they heard, it cut down on who would race me...you know that "tell tale" sound. NOW comes the fun...NO LOPE on my CC 8-BALL or VEGAS 8-BALL (some ask what the "filters" are sticking out from front of tank). When I race them, especially with CC...pretty much same response "HOLY ****". Now I'm not saying I've beaten everyone, BUT percentage and $$ wise...I'm ahead:dance:. I like that "sleeper" sound/ look:devil3: (smart ones know FAST....both are BLACK:rofl2:)

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lloyd told me it won't work on a closed loop bike (yours).
On mine it changed the tune dramatically.
I liked the sound of your bike so much I had to try it.
Also my idle speed control valve is still powered but all hoses are blocked.
No check engine light yet
Blocking the hoses also means no fast idle for cold starts....
I think I have a way around this...

Video is up. It's short but you get the idea....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK...here's my take on having a "LOPE"....sure thought cool when first started reading about some trying to get the sound. BUT, in the mean time here's my corrected thoughts: I had a 1968 427 Camaro, built and dyno'd 600+hp...MAN did it have a LOPE:icon_thumleft: the problem I had, while cruising the FAMOUS WOODWARD AVE here in Michigan, was either next to someone at light or going thru drive-ins, was when they heard, it cut down on who would race me...you know that "tell tale" sound. NOW comes the fun...NO LOPE on my CC 8-BALL or VEGAS 8-BALL (some ask what the "filters" are sticking out from front of tank). When I race them, especially with CC...pretty much same response "HOLY ****". Now I'm not saying I've beaten everyone, BUT percentage and $$ wise...I'm ahead:dance:. I like that "sleeper" sound/ look:devil3: (smart ones know FAST....both are BLACK:rofl2:)
I always thought the 106 was missing something. This gives the motor some character.
I would fall in love with your 427 Camero.
Love that high lift cam on a v8 sound.
Kids today driving around in there 4cyl cars with the fart can sound. They have no idea.
I customized a dodge van in the late 70s . All it was was a 318 with new timing curve and black jack headers. Those headers with there thin wall tubes gave the van such a cool sound of each pistons exhaust being scavenged had everyone asking is that a 360.
Those were the days when just idling down the road was music to my ears.
Then the roar of the thrush mufflers exiting in front of the rear super wide tires and echoing of cars and buildings
Damn I better stop before I ............

·
Registered
795 Posts
I liked it.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Lope on a X frame. Old Blue has that but it was achieved thru a conjoined intake above the throttle bodies. End result is slow speed performance suffered dramaticly. Produced lots of Driveline lash and ridability issues under 30mph. cool sound but not happy with the end result. But, if you are always on the whip and don't live in traffice or slow speeds.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.