VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ride to Gastonia NC today with my Buddy to a HD dealer (largest in NC).A guy and his wife have owned it for many years. He was on a run and did a head on with a car. Story is he had a ton of insurance $$. She has run the place for a few years and just decided to close the doors. 40% of cloths, 30 % of accessories and a ton of bikes with sold signs.The lines to pay were 30 deep even with 6 registers.
No one I spoke to could understand why she would not sell it.
Anyway, in the sea of 100's of HD's, my little ol 05 pin was the star!! Everyone spoke highly of Victory. Good day, did a buch of back roads!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That doesn't make sense!! A good motorcycleshop w/ lots of foot traffic! I'm sure someone - or a group would buy it. Interesting!! A sign of the times.

·
Registered
66 Posts
New motorcycle sales are absolutely abysmal right now. Any high end durable good that is non-essential has seem it's value collapse. I can understand how some one with a dealership wouldn't want to take the hit on selling a business that is simply not moving bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.