VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be doing the LSCT in the middle of August and would like to know if anyone would like to give me any "MUST SEE" or "MUST DO" destinations.

·
Registered
92 Posts

I worked in Duluth for a few years, beautiful place. Just be ready for the colder by the lake issue. Even in the dead of summer it can be downright chilly, and brutally foggy in the morning.
Brighton Beach at the north side of Duluth, Gooseberry Falls and Split Rock Lighthouse are afew of my favorites along the North shore.
Ken

·
Registered
368 Posts
too many to try and list them all, I just did that trip last summer. Copper harbor is a must and is the best one on the south side. The whole north side of the lake (Canadian side)is very scenic and there are several scenic overlooks or places to stop. Keep an eye out as you drive and just pull on in! We also found a map online that I ordered (free) that showed most of the parks and wayside attractions. I dont remember the website anymore, it was something I stumbled across doing google searches. The north shore in MN is very good also with Gooseberry falls, Tettaguche and others. GrandMarais is a good place to stop and spend some time too.

·
Registered
814 Posts

ca95 said:
I am going to be doing the LSCT in the middle of August and would like to know if anyone would like to give me any "MUST SEE" or "MUST DO" destinations.
Sounds like you're in for a nice ride, I'm in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada (check your map) and pretty familliar with the Canadian side of your trip so I should be able to help you out. If you want some input let me know your general route and I can make a few suggestions for you, ie, places to stay, eat, see, avoid, etc.
Nepper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.