VOG Forum banner

Kuryakyan Passenger foot boards

3488 18
Just wanted to pass on some info to those with a CR.
I called Kuryakyan today inquiring about replacing the ugly stock passenger pegs. I was told that even though their web site does not curently show the part number, the adapters are available.
The numbers are: 8828 for the splined adapter (used for footboards) and 8805 for the standard adapter (used for pegs).
Just orderedthe footboards today form Crusier Customizing. Cant wait till they get here.
Anyways, just thought I'd contribute something to this site seeing how Ive managed to get so much info from all of you.
Travis
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

SirP said:
Let us know how they work. Post pics. I will send them on to my sister (she is a designer for Kuryakyn).
Sorry I took so long getting these pics up. I really like the foot boards and think they are a huge improvement over the stock pegs.

·
Registered
124 Posts

They look great! How does your passenger like them, hight, levelness etc?
If you d not mind, what was the cost of the set up?
Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DaveE said:
They look great! How does your passenger like them, hight, levelness etc?
If you d not mind, what was the cost of the set up?
Thanks
Dont mind at all. I started this trying to help other CR riders.
The total cost was just shy of $150. It took about 30 minutes to complete the work with most of my time being spent trying to figure out how to get the old pegs off. My wife loves em. She says that she feels much more relaxed now, since she can move her feet around.
The boards have about five different positions they can be mounted in, so you have the ability to raise and/or moved the boards forward or backward including setting them at an angle if you want. My boards are currently set back as far as they will go and they sit about two inches forward of the original position of the pegs. I do occasionally hit them with my calf while Im "walking" the bike, but nothing I can t live with.
My biggest reason for the boards had nothing to do with my wife (dont tell her), I just HATED the look of the stock rubber pegs.
My understanding is that the $150 spent on the Kuryakyan boards and spline, coupled with the ease of install is a much better buy then the purchase and install of the CC foot boards.
Hope this info helps.
Travis

·
Registered
124 Posts

Travis,
Thanks for the reply, you have sold me and the wifey will be happy :)
Ride safe

·
Registered
505 Posts
So you have the floorboards as far back and as low as possible? You said they are still about 2" forward of stock, but what about height?

This makes me wonder. Since they are different mounting brackets than the XC floorboards how does the foot position of the stock pegs and floorboards compare between the two bikes.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

SirP said:
So you have the floorboards as far back and as low as possible? You said they are still about 2" forward of stock, but what about height?

This makes me wonder. Since they are different mounting brackets than the XC floorboards how does the foot position of the stock pegs and floorboards compare between the two bikes.
Dont really know about the XC.
With the new boards on, the height appears to be the same as the original pegs if adjusted to the lowest position. You are correct, I have the boards at the lowest and most rear postion.
Id too like to know how the XC boards sit on theXR when the conversion has been done. If I rememberright, other postings Ive read seem to indicate that they sit forward from the stock position too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not clear to me which boards you actually put on. So for us with a Cross Roads like you, what part number for the boards and which part number for the spline. The two numbers you quoted at the begining are two different spline types. Thanks, they look great. Want to copy you. ;-)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ThePhoenix said:
Not clear to me which boards you actually put on. So for us with a Cross Roads like you, what part number for the boards and which part number for the spline. The two numbers you quoted at the begining are two different spline types. Thanks, they look great. Want to copy you. ;-)
These are the foot boards I bought http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_id=0&Category_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=53093&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Premium_Floorboards_for_Driver_or_Passenger__pair_ The two different splines I listed are for either installing the floor boards like the ones on my bike or installing a new set of pass pegs instead of the boards. So using the boards like I did, you would need #8828.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is a retainer "C" clip on the back side of the pin that holds on the pegs. I used a flat head screw driver and needle nose pliers to pull if off. You'll reuse the clips, so dont screw em up.

·
Registered
676 Posts

twstdcain said:
There is a retainer "C" clip on the back side of the pin that holds on the pegs. I used a flat head screw driver and needle nose pliers to pull if off. You'll reuse the clips, so dont screw em up.
did your bike have a "C" clip or the circular "key ring" type?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Sorry for the late response, been away from the computer. Just went out and checked the bike, you are correct about the clip. It is similar to a ring used on a key chain. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Well after inventing a few new words and a little help from my dealer ace on how to deal with these clips, I got the boards installed. They look good, IMHO, but I wish there was a way to get them to fold up flat to the side of the bike with out having to be set at a steep angle. I decided to give them a slight lean back so that I can walk the bike backwards without too much interferance. Looks better than the stock pegs though. Most importantly, she likes them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish I had known about these before I had the pegs replaced with the OEM floorboards on my 2012 XC. Would have saved $150. At least the dealer installed them for free. I've heard it's a bear to change them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.