VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if there's another thread on this topic, apparently I don't get along with the search function on this site.
Going to add the Kurakyn Sabretooth lights to my CCT and because I'm a little OCD I want a neat install with an easy disconnect when I take my bags off for cleaning. I've watched the Witchdoctors video several times but was wondering if someone may have done a neater/better install.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I did not route my wires as instructed. The bag lid would have eaten through in no time flat. I routed my wires inside the bag and drilled a hole to run the wire out to the harness toward the front. I have not had issues with water getting in the bag. You could add a dollop of silly snot if you wanted or put in a grommet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not route my wires as instructed. The bag lid would have eaten through in no time flat. I routed my wires inside the bag and drilled a hole to run the wire out to the harness toward the front. I have not had issues with water getting in the bag. You could add a dollop of silly snot if you wanted or put in a grommet.
This was my concern also. Was thinking of going to Lowes/Home Depot and looking for some rubber grommets to install near the front of the bags to run the wiring through. If I ever get around to this I'll take pics and post them. I've got so much stuff I've purchased for this bike that's been piling up in my garage. Victory mini apes, new clutch cable, fuse box..... I've lost both my parents 3 months apart so my life has been pretty crazy lately and I'm just now getting my interest back in my Victory.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I didn't follow the instructions either. I drilled a small hole beneath the weather strip and dropped the wires into the empty cavity in the rear bottom of the bags then brought them up the bracket side, ran along the outside near the top to the quick disconnect. There's enough cable to tilt the bag away from the bracket at least 5 inches to unclip the connectors. I then had the bottom of the bags applied with Line-X, which ended up locking the cables in place and weather-proofing the **** out of it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.