KMC tuned 131tq | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

KMC tuned 131tq

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by johnwesley, Aug 15, 2016.

1. johnwesley

johnwesley Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    vision, sportster, klr650,
    Went looking around and asking questions about what combo works good with the Indian 111, most said that 90hp was the top with there selected components. When I found Kyle and talked with him he used some parts that others didn't seem to use and had a good graph on what the curves looked like. The dyno sheet he showed was 98 hp and 127tq. So after a day to think about it, we carried a road master to him with an Indian stgII installed. It was making 85hp and 110 tq which is about par for them. The big difference with KMC package was the Vic bagger intake and throttle body. Needless to say we were blown away by the output of this motor, both on the dyno and on the street

image.jpeg

There were three Indains on our trip to sturgis and all three were in different state of tune on the return trip. The stock bike did the lowest fuel milage while the Indain stg2 with Vic baggers intake was the best.The KMC tuned bike retuned milage in between the two, only using .2 gallons more than the best milage bike. We normally run 150-160 miles between fill ups. I was very impressed with the increased performance and keeping good milage. Never understood why we couldn't pull 100 hp from such a large motor, now we can.

I've heard rumors of two new cams coming from the aftermarket that only promises more performance, the future for us Indian gear heads is looking good.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Jeff hardball

Jeff hardball Active Member

Vic hardball
    Very impressive!

3. Kjb8k

Kjb8k Member

Vision
    Have you noticed a reduction in engine heat with a tune ?

4. johnwesley

johnwesley Member

Yes, but Kyle said this was the leanest bike he has had on the dyno. So it was probably hotter than most.

5. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Horsepower = torque X rpm divided by 5250. The TS111 was designed for big low end torque to match up to it's most direct competitor, the Harley 110" twin cam. Somebody with a more mechanical background could better explain why some motors make torque at different rpm (like bore v stroke and crank mass) but notice that your torque is dropping at 3700 rpm...well below the 5250 rpm of that hp equation. To get a big hp number you need a big torque number at >5000 rpm.

6. Ariesnc

Ariesnc Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    Did you have a Magnum prior to the Indian ? What made you switch if you don't mind me asking?

7. johnwesley

johnwesley Member

Yes I know that but still believed the 111 should be able to make 100hp and proved it is possible with out going to radical cams or head work. The factory stg 2 supporting components are holding it back. The throttle body is to close to the air filter thus limiting the amount of airflow into the engine. The exhaust, while sounding good is causing turbulence which doesn't allow the exhaust to flow freely. Once those two things are addressed the engine can breath well and the power is increased

I had a vision before, but the company owns a magnum. The vision had 60,000 on it and had several things I liked, some I did not and couldn't fix. The vision make the Indain seem like a cool running bike. The vision was the hottest bike I have ever owned. I have riden the magnum and Indian back to back and will say the Indian has a better ride and better wind management. For people around my height 5'10 I believe the Indian fits better. Those are the reasons my wife traded her XC in on a chieftain. For her, the Indian handles better and is more comfortable. She is 5'4". She also says the Indian isn't as hot on her legs.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. MRMAXX

MRMAXX Well-Known Member

WoW that thing must be a beast when you roll it on hard...

Very few HD's will be able to compete with that bike on the street...

I wish my XC made that kind of torque.

Nice job.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    My Vision makes that kind of torque and holds onto it too. I'm gonna miss that bike *sniff sniff*.

10. Teflon Mike

Teflon Mike Well-Known Member

2014 Vegas 8 Ball & 2017 chieftain
    No more vision?

11. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Sale pending so for now it's sitting in my garage staring at me with those big puppy dog eyes saying, "why?"

12. Teflon Mike

Gonna replace, or rock the kp for a while?

13. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Keeping the Pin. The Vision was originally bought to be our 2-up ride and in a bit over two years we got one epic motorcycle vacation in. So my thinking was we're not getting the use out of the Vision it was originally bought for. But now that I've agreed to sell it I realize I like it more than I thought I did. Still, I'm thinking a little rag top sports car might be a fun replacement at least for awhile.

14. Teflon Mike

I gotcha. I have kids, so my two upper is not getting the use that we both optimistically thought we would have. We've used it for a couple fantastic rides already so I'm not too down about it. But before the magnum, we considered a convertible, so believe me, I'm right there with ya.

15. johnwesley

johnwesley Member

Here is the sound difference between the factory stgII and the KMC tuned bike.