VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of Kliphangers awhile back and finally got around to putting them on. Pretty straight forward pulled outer fairing, took out 4 bolts on inner fairing, left wires hooked up and was able to move it enough to get screws out of top bar clamp and swap bars.Put it back together and put on new Avon grips and 1/4 turn throttle ring. I adjusted throttle cables so it springs back when you release it fine. Moved grip and clamshell up to where pin fits in bar and throttle wont release, it just happens the last 1/2 inch sliding up the bar. Anyone have any ideas why?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
If you are increasing the distance on the cables from stock, then you might be getting some pinching somewhere between the front of the frame and the throttle. I think you can go about 2-2.5" further without any major issues. Maybe try re-routing the cables in the fairing. Also make sure the 1/4 ring isn't binding at the angle you have it with the pin. Seem to recall reading people needed to drill new locating holes or grind off the pin when installing the 1/4 ring and/or changing the bar height/angle. Wonder if you can test individual components. Maybe remove 1/4 ring, see if it resolves the issue, if not, re-route cables, then maybe you'll have some clue where the issue actually is.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
@Wayned grind off the pins, so the clamps can be in any position. the pins are just for the factory to install easier

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Dude,
Pics or it didn’t happen!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Wayned grind off the pins, so the clamps can be in any position. the pins are just for the factory to install easier
Its not really the pin location thats the problem, if you ever pulled off your grips you know they are only about 4 3/4 inches long so if I move them out to where the throttle spins I wiould only have about 4 inches of grip on the bars

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Success!!! spent a few hours reading posts about grips, 1/4 turn throttle ring and new bars. Found a post from 2015(cant recall who from) but he added new bars and throttle would not return. He filed down the end of the bar to get the paint off figuring it was too thick, it worked. I tried it, grabbed a rattail file and went to town on the end of my new bars, filed down about 1/4 inch on the end of the bar to bare metal, slid grip back on and now it works, just had to even out the cable adjustments at throttle body and its all good now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have had them on for awhile now. I like them alot, I think there is a little more pullback from stock, maybe an inch? But the change in the grip angle is fantastic, much more comfortable. Seems easier on turns now too.

Reactions: slickvic

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Still waiting on those pics.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.