VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using this? Looking to upgrade my shield, I'm 6.1 and I like to see over it but don' want my head to shake like I'm in a blender. Any ideas? I would like to to Dr smoked like the factory but with a flip to eliminate the wind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got one. I bought it during the Victory close out sale. I think I paid $75 plus shipping, so I think the total was around $90. I'm 6'2" and my head shakes too much. Maybe I've just gotten used to the good life provided by the tall (original) windshield, but I don't like it at all. I put it on this fall and rode with it for one day, then decided that I don't like it and put the original wind screen back on that evening. I wouldn't pay $10 for it if I could do it over again.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I recently installed a clear 11" KW shield and found it to be too short for my 5' 10" height so I re-installed the Madstad Brackets and now it's just right after adjusting it to my liking.

The funny thing is I had an 11" Mutazu shield I had bought due to the low price but found it scratched too easily so I went the better made KW. The Mutazu had a more vertical angle to it though so I didn't need the Madstad Bracket with it.

I mention this because I've found it's more than just the height of the shield; it's the angle it sits at too. While the 11" Mutazu was just right; I should have gotten a 13" KW to get the same wind protection.

A lot of folks don't like the look of the Madstad brackets but the thing sure works well and you can change the airflow on the fly.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I've got one. I bought it during the Victory close out sale. I think I paid $75 plus shipping, so I think the total was around $90. I'm 6'2" and my head shakes too much. Maybe I've just gotten used to the good life provided by the tall (original) windshield, but I don't like it at all. I put it on this fall and rode with it for one day, then decided that I don't like it and put the original wind screen back on that evening. I wouldn't pay $10 for it if I could do it over again.
Too funny. I wonder if it was me that bought the KW from you recently. Looks like we both responded at the same time.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm running a Klockwerks flip, and together with my CFAD, no glass buzzing, smooth ride! Running the 11", I'm 5'9"

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Anyone using this? Looking to upgrade my shield, I'm 6.1 and I like to see over it but don' want my head to shake like I'm in a blender. Any ideas? I would like to to Dr smoked like the factory but with a flip to eliminate the wind.
I'm 6'2" running the KW shield and enjoy it. I also have hard lowers so that helps a bit on the head shake. I haven't tried any other windscreen besides the short ones that come on the XCs and the KW is night and day difference compared to those. Now it will cause sunglasses to float if doing 80+.

If you are hoping for the KW to be dark you'll be out of luck in that category.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've got the KW flip. It is a smoked screen. I black out painted the inside. Works great.I'm 6ft.
I have some lowers as well. I also have a tire of pouches on the sill and once I blocked that air passage the breeze cleaned up nicely.
Now, before anyone goes on the rant scout why that air slot is there, I know why. I'm only saying that once that air was no longer there, my helmet stays put and month glasses don't rattle.
I have a madstat and it does work but its just too ugly for me.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
158 Posts
Didn’t like mine at all. I’m 6’1, and the flip isn’t an aerodynamic solution to the problem. Madstad has an engineered solution that is adjustable, and solves the air flow problem. Get one. You won’t be disappointed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.