VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an "07 Kingpin Tour with tour box. I'm looking for a different touring seat with passenger seat to replace the stock one. I have tried the custom seat available through Polaris but found the seat jammed my crotch against the fuel tank. Mustang and Corbin both state their touring seats won't fit with the stock touring box. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Lots of threads on this on here and thevmc.
A buddy of mine cut off my brackets, welded in about a 1 3/4" piece
add a little paint its done.
Two drunk guys in agarage and in no time it was done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Russell Day-Long in CA will take your seat and rebuild it to fit you just right.
My wife and i are both very happy with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up going with the Mustang Seat which seems pretty comfortable. A welder is modifying the tour box brackets by adding on approximately two and one half inches. Should work out fine, thanks everyone for the responses.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hi, I'm looking at replacing the seat on my 07 kingpin tour. thanks for the helpful info do you guy's have any more photo's of your mods? and what about the part that bolts to the back seat from the trunk?
I might try and sending my stock back seat to a upholster shop and see if I could have it trimmed to fit the solo front . If it work I'll let you know .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just completed the reassembly with the Mustang Seat yesterday. I brought both saddlebag brackets to a welder who added on roughly 2 inches to the section with 3 holes that bolts to the tour box rack. The seat came through with the same bolt holes as the stock one, 4 underneath and 2 on the back which came with chrome allen head bolts. The only problem came when reinstalling the saddlebags I had to trim a small area on the plastic edge to fit around a bolt head. No big deal really. To me the new seat is larger and more comfortable for both myself and passenger over the stock seat although I will know better on my next long ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.