VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Folks, bought 08 kingpin in June and have enjoyed the ride since day one. I'm new to the forum so Hi to all, been riding since I was 15 I'm now 52. Anyway Mama has decided to ride some with me this coming spring/summer and was wondering if anyone can recomend a backrest/sissybar combo that will fit our Kingpin. Thanks in advance for you recomendations.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Welcome Aboard!
I ride solo, but have the stock backrest/sissy bar on my bike. I use it for securing my tour pack.
I have seen several of the KP owners with this on their bikes and their pillions seem happy.
Do you still have the stock seat? As a rider my stock seat is very comfy although I use the Pro Pad. Works great. I can ride many many miles without any discomfort.
This would be a cheaper alternative to a custom seat if that becomes an issue.
Mustang & Corbin and a few others also have custom seats and integrated backrests, but are rather pricey.
BTW, there are a few other Vicsters in the Bakersfield area. Be sure to hook up with them.
There is a big VMC gathering in Laughlin in Feb. I will post details ASAP. It's a ton of fun and we usually meet up at Zingo's. (I think that's the name of the restaraunt. It's down the road from the Vic Dealer if I recall right)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Fishy, I'm still sitting on the stock seat and may very well try the pad your using (which model fits our seat?) as I'm looking forward to the @100 mile fuel stops to relieve the burn from the stock seat. If I remember correctly you post occasionally on the KEG forum and are the reigning mileage champ pushing the 100,000 mark. Yes Zingo's is an old trucker cafe that I used to frequent about 25 years ago when I hauled gasoline for a living, food was good then and still was last time I ate there 6 months ago. Went to Laughlin in later part of Sept. this year,wind was blowing so hard in places that I used up the remaining chicken strips on my tires going down a straight stretch of the freeway! Stay safe and God bless..........

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Hello onerider
I had 2008 Kingpin with a Mustang tour with backrest, the Mustang passenger has a bckrest too, My wife loves it, I like mine too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just $ keeping me from buying a Mustang or Corbin to replace OEM for now, when I get the extra money then I'll have to agonize over which one. Stay safe and God bless.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hello and welcome onerider!

I put the touring seat on the back for my wife which is a little wider and better padding than the stock. Also added the tall backrest from Victory and my wife was happy with the resulting comfort from both. Although I have not tried one myself everybody really raves about the Mustang for long term comfort. I have read quite a few negatives concerning the Corbin it seems to be a love or hate item.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started out with Victory's tall backrest. Found a brand new one on ebay. Last X-mas, the wife bought me the rear luggage rack, it came with a backrest.

Hope that helps, good luck with your decision.

Chris

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mustang seats are the only way to go in my eyes. Corbin seats look gr8 but so Im told buy people who have em they aren't even close to mustang in comfort.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Since I'm considering a new Kingpin. Are the backrest and rack removeable? Also, I'm considering a Mustang seat for two up, but the Mustang website says the seat for the Kingpin gives the rider an extra 1 1/2" more room which may be a problem for me, as the stock seat sits me just about perfect. I have a 30" inseam and don't need to stretch out?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put the Victory Tour seat on my '07 and love it! Very comfortable(much more than either the Corbin or Mustang seat) and it does come with either a passenger back rest or you order the one for the back Tour pack. I have several pics of the seat if interested.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts

Bambam said:
Since I'm considering a new Kingpin. Are the backrest and rack removeable? Also, I'm considering a Mustang seat for two up, but the Mustang website says the seat for the Kingpin gives the rider an extra 1 1/2" more room which may be a problem for me, as the stock seat sits me just about perfect. I have a 30" inseam and don't need to stretch out?
The Mustang seat will move you back and up!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Rollin said:
Bambam said:
The Mustang seat will move you back and up!
But there is a kit available to move the floor boards back 1.5-2" so that would be a trade off except the handle bars may be too far forward and you would need either pull back bars or different risers.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Not interested in changing board or handlebars, right off, it seems the Kingpin "just fits me" the way it is.
Nice bike Sadie, I'm thinking of the '09 in blue and white also. Was thinking of the Tour, however I like the "special" and I'm not crazy about the Polaris bags. I think they could be of more "substance". I'm looking at possible saddlebag options, also.
Good riding, when the snow melts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.