VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm changing the signal lights on my KP and am on the hunt for the spacers for the rear fender. The only ones I can find are from Barracuda Custom and they appear to have gone TU. I've tried all the usual sources and came up with nothing so I thought I'd check here before I decide to make a set or go back to the originals. They were similar to these but with holes for the bolt and wiring.

Thanks in advance for putting the thinking cap on.

Rectangle Automotive design Font Tints and shades Comfort

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
MBW used to make some, but haven’t in a couple years. Barracuda is closed up, and made the ones sold by Witchdoctors. Custom is about the only way to do it. A guy on Facebook has been talking about making some. Think it’s bill Taylor from Taylor Specialites.

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried everyone I had in mind vision nut. Those plus a few others.

Thanks for the lead tree. Ill check it out. I've also been thinking about it and believe it should be pretty simple to make a spacer out of aluminum bar stock. Cuts, sands and polishes easily.

Thanks for your time gents.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stopped by a local Victory dealer yesterday to browse through their clearance stuff and found 2 pair of “kingpin turn signal stand off” made by witchdoctors, 1 set is black and the other is chrome. Not knowing what they were I bought both since they were marked down to $9 from $50. Please enlighten me as to what these are used for. I want to change all my turn signals!

Attachments

Reactions: BillyGlock

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes there is two holes, one is slightly larger than the other. What kind of signals can I change to? Do I need anything special for the front mounts?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Yes there is two holes, one is slightly larger than the other. What kind of signals can I change to? Do I need anything special for the front mounts?
The two holes are for mounting screw and for the wires. You just need signals that will work with the holes. As for the front, you can find mounts for just about any sognasi you find. There are generic mounts that will fotthe forks .

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Not sure those signals you posted wpuld work. Almost look like they are made for the Victory signals. You would have to find a way for them to atratt to the fender .

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I stopped by a local Victory dealer yesterday to browse through their clearance stuff and found 2 pair of "kingpin turn signal stand off" made by witchdoctors, 1 set is black and the other is chrome. Not knowing what they were I bought both since they were marked down to $9 from $50. Please enlighten me as to what these are used for. I want to change all my turn signals!
When you're done if you have one of those pair left over I'd buy it from you :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure those signals you posted wpuld work. Almost look like they are made for the Victory signals. You would have to find a way for them to atratt to the fender .
Can you direct me towards some signals that would work?

·
Registered
103 Posts
When you're done if you have one of those pair left over I'd buy it from you :)
A set of what, signals or stand offs?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The stand offs.
I would most likely keep the black ones as the bike is black and I'm looking to go to black signals.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Do I need the stand offs for those? Would those also work for the front? Since they are LED is there something I'd need to add?
You would need the stand offs for the rear, but would fit the mounts on front. Probably need to solder the wires or swap connectors, since they are meant for CCs. And would need resistors to keep them from flashing fash.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts