VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, If you had a limited budget (which I have!) and youwanted to do a couple ofupgrades,where/what should a personconsider doing changes to make the ride more enjoyable/comfortable?? Please wade in!

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
What don't you have. If that is your bike in the avatar you have a windshield, sissy bar, and swept pipes. It came with floorboards.

Comfort: New seat like Mustang or Corbin
Wind: Lower wind deflectors.

Assuming you don't want bags.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, Bags I have been looking at. Would like them with some storage. Not bags just for having bags. Want them to look good and be functional. With quick release ? (any thoughts of that configuration??)Hard or soft style. Must be workable with passenger on. Lower wind deflectors? Who makes good ones?? See, new owner of Pin, lots of questions.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Added to my KP since I bought,
Wide Open Customs Fairing, Painted to matched to bike, Victory Hard Bags & Brackets Painted to matched to bike, Mustang Two Piece Touring Seat, Victory Chrome Passenger Floor Boards, Tomahawk Backrest (Removed), New Fabricated Backrest, My own design & built, Ness Signature Slash Series Exhaust,S & S Air Intake, Lloydz Cams, Power Commander, Anvil Pulley, Ness Lay Down Licence Plate Bracket,
Digital Guard Dawg™ Keyless Ignition,Chrome Battery Box Cover, Truck Shop SS Nut Cover for Swing Arm, Ignition Cover, Witch Doctor Chrome Rear Axle adjusted washer, Victory Rear Axle covers both sides, Lower Wind Deflectors, IPod connection, GPS
So as you can see the list of add-ons is endless, best upgrade though was Fairing, bags, cams, air intake, exhauts and tuned by lloyd at Lloydz Motorworkz
Regards

·
Registered
398 Posts
Windshield with lowers. New seat. Either bags or the rear luggage rack with strap on luggage. That is going on the assumption you may tour. If it is around town use you need nothing. Maybe a windshield for the occasional highway run.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

First thing is a comfortable seat, Mustang Solo if your ride alone, since their seat puts you back aleast 1.5" the stock passenger pad has to be replaced. Their pass pad is thicker and wider than the stock one which will have some bearing on future up grades. Some luggage racks will not fit with the Mustang rear pad, that is about to change though, some fabricators are working on new models so be patient should be out by this spring. Take your time and plan your mods they are expensive unless your looking for stock parts.
Exhaust, Stage 1 Swepts or Drag sound great, pleasant to listen to in the city not too loud unless you crank it up a notch or two, with that choice made,a chrome rear pulley and then there are the chrome passenger foot rests. If you can vision your bike with the above mods it should look something like this, if you can get past the colour.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Lower wind deflectors are a must, won't ride without them when the windshield is on.
Two piece Mustand seat with passenger and drivers backrests.
Personally I think the stock plate bracket needs to go, lay down plate instead.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
BAGS!!!! BAGS!!!! For road trips!!! The bike is happening on its own. Stage ones. no fuss no muss.

Maybe buy some REI fuel canisters cuz you will find yourself puttin along so much you end up in nowhere!

Get a good GPS for those road trips. I recommend Garmin 550 which you can hook up in your headlight, and some Gerbings for those BRRR days.

Don't forget some Lindby bars & Hiway lights either.( Check out Clearwaterlights.com)

The Kury Gran Tour pack works great with the tour pack if you use some dog collars to attach it. Now if wifey or GF wants to go you gonna have to spend alot of money to get her a bike set up as same. LOLOL

Actually the Tour Pack holds alot. I love the hard bags. I can fit tons in them. I also have a set up to put a barrel bag up top on all this, but with a passenger I think if you added a rack on the tour pack you could easily strap on a litht bag there. Just remember the higher the weight the less stable. Think of your old back pack when ya went topsy turvy cuz ya loaded it wrong. Put heavy stuff low.

·
Registered
75 Posts
More lights so you are seen and can see. I got the Vic highway bar and PIA lights and they work great. It seems cagers move out of the way with this set up when I come up from behind. I am also adding flashing LED brake lights, probably on the license plate bracket. They are small, but are bright. I have a KP tour and am in the process of getting new seats from Russell in CA. Mustang wont fit tour. The Vic bags are good, but not a quick release.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had a buddy add a pice of metal on to my trunk bracket so the I could still use the tour pack with my Mustang Seat. Didn't take long and worked good.
Good to have talented friends with welders.

·
Registered
717 Posts

We cut off the ends, added about 1 3/4" and welded the ends back on.
One hole did not match up due to the bags.
Probably should have been sober before starting the job.
Still, could not tell we had done anything after.
When I say we, I mean my buddy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.