VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post on the forum but have been lurking for a bit!

Got the wife on board me getting a bike again and fell in love with the Kingpin when i saw it. Unfortunately i haven't had the chance to sit on it yet, but figured someone here may be able to help me out. How is it for a taller rider (i'm 6'7)? The last bike i had a new seat pushing me back a bit and drag bars helped me out the most, and would most likely do that first to this one. Are there tall riders out there on a Kingpin now? Comfortable?

·
Registered
717 Posts

When I bought my Kingpin, it was mostly due to comfort. The HD's were just too small for my frame.
Have since added Mustang two piece seat. Puts you back about 1 3/4".
Plus is very comfortable.
Just added the 2" floorboard extensions. Bike is perfect now.
Most average size people are uncomfortable on it because they are used to smaller bikes. Once they ride for a bit, they tend to like it also.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i'm around 6'3" rode a Kingpin for over 50,000 miles. Find the forward controls(+2,3 or 4") and add a mustang seat which gives you a little extra legroom.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Remember that the newest Kingpins are actually Low models. Might want to look for an 08. Some people think that Victory dropped the Low models.....they actually kept them and dropped the regular ones. Go figure.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
tsdavis said:
Remember that the newest Kingpins are actually Low models. Might want to look for an 08. Some people think that Victory dropped the Low models.....they actually kept them and dropped the regular ones. Go figure.
This would be a HUGE point. Talk with the dealer and either see if he can find you an '08, or have them retrofit it with the standard parts. Also, a set of highway bars with pegs would really help you on those longer rides. I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam and the Standard Kingpin seemed to fit real nice but if I were to buy one the highway bars would be my first add-on.

Best of luck,........oh, and welcome to the VOG!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

thanks for the responses, that sucks about keeping the lower model, will have to check on an '08... i did notice that the 8ball was lower then the standard, didnt know about the standard being lower than in 08. One of the first things i planned was a drag bar and a new seat to push me back, was the biggest bang for the buck on my last bike.

I need to just get off my ass and get out to a dealership and see for myself. I'm not ready this instant to pull the trigger and I know if i go and it fits me well its going to be hard to leave!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

tsdavis said:
Are the 09s standard or low? Or, did they still have both? I can't remember.
I have an 09 standard, they also made a low in 09, I think http://thevog.net/BellesAZ/has a low. I'm 6' and find it fits me to a Tee, Mustang seat sets me futher back over 1 1/2", plus you can extend your floor boards and controls futher forward also.
OT

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had an 07KP. I'm 6'0", and it fit me perfectly. So, looks like it was 2010 when the low became the standard. Wife has an 08 Vegas Low. I feel a little crowded on it. Although, I do like the 2" pullback bars.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

tsdavis said:
I had an 07KP. I'm 6'0", and it fit me perfectly. So, looks like it was 2010 when the low became the standard. Wife has an 08 Vegas Low. I feel a little crowded on it. Although, I do like the 2" pullback bars.
I have a 2010 catologue, seat heights on
2010 Kingpin 8-Ball is 25.2" (Low)
2010 Kingpin Standard 26.5"
OT

·
Registered
717 Posts

I have heard rumors of the Kingpin and another going to 106".
Can't wait to see.

·
Registered
717 Posts
100's should allbe gone soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

is the current promo (until July 25th) pretty good? Has a brand new 2009 for 11999? Never bought a bike new and have no idea what kind of haggle room there is

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.