VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was parking the bike at work this morning and noticed the rubber shoe on the kickstand is beginning to wear through.
I was wondering if anyone just removes them, or replaces them, or anything else.
I know the manual states to replace them once they wear past the line on the side, but the bike is only 5 months old.
I don't want to replace it every 5 months. Plus, anyone know how much they cost?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was looking at my Kingpin and owner's manual. It has a similar setup. However, my Road King does not and neither did my previous bikes. I cannot say I am too excited by the prospect of replacing the rubber shoe either, if it can be simply done away with as an unnecessary expense.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I am a tad confused. How did they were out? I do not believe I ever had to replace one on any Vic.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
The idea of replacing the rubber "shoe" with a nylon one is not going to serve its purpose, if you wish for it to do what it was intended.
Sure it will wear great, but the intended purpose is to have the rubber "Grab" the ground in the event you ride away with the kickstand down (Guilty).
If you use the nylon one , there is a chance it wont flip up the stand but rather just slide, creating a very dangerous situation going into a turn.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Oh yea, Ive also ridden away more times than i care to admit, the bike has almost 16000 miles on it but it still looks fine. So not sure what others are doing to make them wear so fast.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Clubford00 said:
The idea of replacing the rubber "shoe" with a nylon one is not going to serve its purpose, if you wish for it to do what it was intended.
Sure it will wear great, but the intended purpose is to have the rubber "Grab" the ground in the event you ride away with the kickstand down (Guilty).
If you use the nylon one , there is a chance it wont flip up the stand but rather just slide, creating a very dangerous situation going into a turn.
Actually...it worked fine for me. I forgot my kickstand after a fuel stop. It grabbed just fine and brought the kickstand up. 1st hand experience...not an assumption.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.