VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can purchase a new kickstand pad for my 13 Vision? Mine has split and has separated a bit. I've seen where some of you have made new ones out of tire tread and other materials, but I would prefer to purchase one already made if I could.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This guy makes and sells ones made out of hockey pucks. He does a great job. I have bought two for two different bikes from him, They would be easy enough to make but, like you, I'd rather just buy something and bolt it on.

Other than owning two of his pucks I have no affiliation with him or his endeavors to sell these items. I just think he does a good job.

Pork Chops Vic Pucks

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
I have a Pork Chop puck on each of my Visions. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great info...ordered my Original a few days ago as well!

·
Registered
397 Posts
This guy makes and sells ones made out of hockey pucks. He does a great job. I have bought two for two different bikes from him, They would be easy enough to make but, like you, I'd rather just buy something and bolt it on.

Other than owning two of his pucks I have no affiliation with him or his endeavors to sell these items. I just think he does a good job.

Pork Chops Vic Pucks
Thank you for the information. I just bought one. Looks great and will last much longer than the stock pad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Got mine in the mail today....going to install it later this afternoon. Looks incredibly well made and should last as long as I'm around....

·
Registered
388 Posts
My Vic Puck came today and will install this weekend, should last a lot longer than factory part.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I installed my Puck last night. I did not realize that the existing stock pad was riveted on, so after getting my Dremel out and putting a cutting wheel on it, I was able to cut off the top of the rivets and remove the pad. After that, easy breezy putting the Pork Chop puck on. Great product that should last as long as the bike does.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I had my gf order me a puck for my cross country as I do not have a PayPal account.

From the pictures PorkChop sent I believe it got thrown in the mail yesterday.

I went with the lowboy cause I did not like how much the original made the XCs stand up. I also believe that the lowboy has more thickness than the stock pad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had my bike on my Condor dolly since I put the Original Puck on, and just this morning rolled it off to see how the bike sits with the puck pad on it. I LIKE IT! The angle of the bike is now more upright, and the pad sits perfectly level on the ground. Very impressed with this product...wish I would have found out about it earlier. Highly recommend.
Now....off to the dealer shortly for a front fork leak repair.... yuck.

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
Hopefully y'all park with your bars hard left but if you don't and have a puck check and see how easy it is to stand the bike up to the right. I love the puck and this has not been an issue for me but it's something to think about if you're working on the bike or parking and have the bars hard right.

It really helped give me more room between my two bikes since I have one pulled head in and one backed in. The puck gave me some extra wiggle room between them which is nice when it comes time to load up and start the bike I'm taking that day.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Put a Pork Chop on my CCT last Monday. grinding off the rivets was a *****!

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: jwfuchs1
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.