VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did cams, Freedom exhaust and PCV on a '17 CC and realized it was quite hard to get the stand down with your heel due to the larger diameter pipe. Stephen added a simple lever from cold rolled steel and a BB. Looks stock, works great... Just thought I'd share.

Reactions: FredE and CPT PYRO

·
Registered
645 Posts
I did something similar to this a couple years ago because it was too hard to reach the kickstand when it was down with my short legs...lol.
I used a 2 piece locking collar and welded a piece of flat stock onto one half. Works pretty good. Hasn't come loose yet.
I never took pics of it, so I figured what' a thread without pics, right?
Yours looks nicer than mine. But I was also able to rotate it to best position for me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did something similar to this a couple years ago because it was too hard to reach the kickstand when it was down with my short legs...lol.
I used a 2 piece locking collar and welded a piece of flat stock onto one half. Works pretty good. Hasn't come loose yet.
I never took pics of it, so I figured what' a thread without pics, right?
Yours looks nicer than mine. But I was also able to rotate it to best position for me.
That works. Stephen put on perfect. Kinda like if it came OE there'd be no choice.

Reactions: Dan050

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Looks like a pant grabber. I think I'd prefer it a bit shorter.

Does the exhaust not work with the regular stand extension? That's why he went this route.

Reactions: Fox Fader

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a pant grabber. I think I'd prefer it a bit shorter.

Does the exhaust not work with the regular stand extension? That's why he went this route.
I can see why you would say that by looking at the pics. It's no where near that though. When you look straight down the case from up top, all you can see is the round tip.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another option...

Web Store
Good looking out, but that wouldn't help at all in this instance. That would be back further towards the pipe and be just as hard or even harder to reach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.