VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, no more talk about dealers, and the economy, and all that other crap for just a minute....let's change the subject. In the middle of October (14th-20th) I'm gonna be making a runfrom Chicago down to the Florida Keys and if anyone wants to meet up and ride any part of the trip that would be great.....also, as an FYI: this is Biketoberfest in Daytona the same weekend....but I won't be hitting the Daytona area during this trip.
Thanks to reading Rollin's posts on his adventuresI have learned a lot andbeen able to get pretty well organized. Here is my general schedule as of right now:
Wednesday, the 14th- Leaving Chicago in the early afternoon and will be riding to Louisville that night.....about 350 miles total.
Thursday, the 15th-Leaving Louisville in the morning and looking to get off the interstate on this leg of the trip a little. Depending on the route I take I could log anywhere from 630 to 750 miles this day. The plan is to hit Valdosta, GA that night.
Friday, the 16th-Up early and heading to the Orlando area to meet up with DSJR. from there, the plan is to make it down to Key IslaMarada that evening. This stretch is about 520 miles total but Miami traffic could be a real P.I.T.A. Once we get there it is going to be time to slow down and have a cocktail.....or 5.
Saturday, the 17th-get up whenever the hell we feel like it and take aslow cruise on down to Key West....this is what it's all about!
Sunday, the 18th-Again, get up whenever and head back up to south Florida...another pretty easy riding day.
Monday, the 19th-Time to get backto logging some serious seat time! Gonna be a full day and about 720 miles or so to Atlanta.
Tuesday, the 20th-Goal is to get back home on this day so another 730+ miles.
If it takes an extra day due to rain, or sleet, or just plain being tired, then so be it! Again, there's my general schedule and if anyone wants to join up anywhere along the way, hey, be my guest! Nothing like a great road trip and meeting new friends along the way.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

As Guy says on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives: "Everybody in the pool!"
Work can wait...and you can sleep when you're dead.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

bakfixr said:
I am interested in the road trip... Gonna check my schedule, but looks promising!
OUTSTANDING!!! Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cams installed huh? I'm jealous! I'm gonna have tomake you carry my crap so I have a fighting chance of keeping up with you.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Hey Phoenix, I'm looking forward to meeting you during your trip.

But, the part about taking a Slow Cruise? Hey, you're riding with DSJR...a slow cruise to him is staying within the double digits!

And, not to go off topic, if you need service while you're down here, you'll be passing KevinX's shop in Gainesville as well as Best Buy Polaris in Ft. Pierce. Both are great Dealers. You might want to write down their phone numbers in case you need service while traveling. Victory of South Florida will still be a Victory Dealer until November...but they are a lame duck and I'm guessing they will not have too many parts on hand.

Finally, I don't know if you'll be taking the Florida Turnpike, but if so, you might consider picking up a Sunpass as it's a toll road and will keep you from having to search for change at every toll plaza. They sell them at the Service Plazas that are located between the Northbound/Southbound lanes approximately every 40 - 45 miles. The updated toll plazas allow those with Sunpasses to cruise through without stopping. Here's a link:

http://sunpass.com/

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Andy-you Sir are a wealth of knowledge on the Sunpass....of course Don never told me that! I think this is where he was planning on ditching me so he could get first in line for happy hour at the Tiki Bar.
Sunday is a definate! I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
phoenix9 said:
Andy-you Sir are a wealth of knowledge on the Sunpass....of course Don never told me that! I think this is where he was planning on ditching me so he could get first in line for happy hour at the Tiki Bar.
I just figured we would ride side by side through the pass through lanes... Hell, I pay for four wheels I should get four wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
phoenix9 said:
Depending on which bike DSJR is riding, his license plate may be too blurry for the cameras to see! Kinda like...The Flash!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
dsjr70 said:
I am going to be good and ride the Victory, I can't meet up with a bunch of Vic guys on a Can-Am...lol
That is until...Polaris's On Road Division unveils a three wheeled vehicle!
(I guess we'll see about that prediction down the road).

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Thats it, i have to chime in here, And Don i am only thinking of your best interest here.
I have met Mark, (Phoenix) and im sorry to say that i just cant trust him.
He talks a good game but i feel that the first chance he gets he will pass some roadside flee market or garage sale and sell your Vest and T shirt.
So that being said, ........Im coming too !!!
Sounds like another VOG meet and greet to me.

Actually Mark is a great guy and he and i have been cooking this up since the get go. We were'nt going to say anything and we were just going to show up together and surprise Andy and Don.
Now that it looks like we might gather up some other members along the way i decided to let the cat out of the bag.
So Andy, better set out another Cot by the pool.
Oh by the way, i know Don likes the Skyy i think Mark will drink beer, and im kinda partial to Patron !!!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Andy-could you carve out an hour or 2 Friday afternoon. We're gonna swing through Orlando and grab Don, but hi-tail it to your neck of the woods for a late lunch......since we don't have that hibrow Tim Hortons like our Canuck brotheren, theDunkin Donuts areon me!
We'll save the fine dining for Sunday.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
phoenix9 said:
Andy-could you carve out an hour or 2 Friday afternoon. We're gonna swing through Orlando and grab Don, but hi-tail it to your neck of the woods for a late lunch......since we don't have that hibrow Tim Hortons like our Canuck brotheren, theDunkin Donuts areon me!
We'll save the fine dining for Sunday.
You got it...Done!

Sunday dinner is on me!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beer? I'm nota beer drinker, but I have probably consumed more Rum than Jimmy Buffett.....I should own stock in Appletons and Meyers.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.