VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2009 Victory Vision Tour Premium with the s1/l1 pipes with gatlin gun tips.
This is my first post here and first question. I traded in a 2005 Honda VTX 1300R and was told by the sales manager when I bought the Honda, never to use any kind of keyring with anything dangling off it, even rubber.. it will make scratches on the abs plastic. I was wondering if something similar dangling off the Vision key ring on the brushed chrome console would cause scratches. Thanks in advance!

JoeC

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

Congrats on the new scoot. Ride safe & keep her shiny side up.
As for key chains. I have never had one on any of my bikes. I didn't want to take the chance of scratching the paint.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I have a small plastic key chain from Randy's Cycle with their phone number on it. Been on the bike for over 9000 miles and hasn't done anything to the brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I have a small leather fob on my key that i got from Andy when i bought the bike. It has a gold colored ring and it has made a couple marks, but my dash is painted gloss black, so it shows more. Before i painted it I saw no marks at all on the brushed panel.

Congrats on the new ride, and lets see some photo's !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for the quick replies!..I can tell this will be a good forum, very similar to VTXOA. Anyways I might try a key ring with something rubber dangling off the end if it.. from what you guys tell me it should be ok...
Here's my first attempt of picture of Vision below..

·
Registered
130 Posts

joeC said:
Hi everyone,

I traded in a 2005 Honda VTX 1300R and was told by the sales manager when I bought the Honda, never to use any kind of keyring with anything dangling off it, even rubber.. it will make scratches on the abs plastic. I was wondering if something similar dangling off the Vision key ring on the brushed chrome console would cause scratches. Thanks in advance!

JoeC
I keep my bike key and house keys in a leather key holder that I found at a thrift store. You remember the old ones where you can flip out the key you want to use while the others stay inside the leather. While on the bike I have the bike key out and the others are inside the pouch and it is snapped closed. This has worked well for me and no scratches so far. It is nice because I do not have to have two sets of keys. (don't need car, work keys etc... while riding). I leave all other keys at home home and just take the set in the leather pouch. Less to carry that way.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Once you get a GPS it will not matter! Nice bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BreadmanRo said:
joeC said:
Hi everyone,

I traded in a 2005 Honda VTX 1300R and was told by the sales manager when I bought the Honda, never to use any kind of keyring with anything dangling off it, even rubber.. it will make scratches on the abs plastic. I was wondering if something similar dangling off the Vision key ring on the brushed chrome console would cause scratches. Thanks in advance!

JoeC
I keep my bike key and house keys in a leather key holder that I found at a thrift store. You remember the old ones where you can flip out the key you want to use while the others stay inside the leather. While on the bike I have the bike key out and the others are inside the pouch and it is snapped closed. This has worked well for me and no scratches so far. It is nice because I do not have to have two sets of keys. (don't need car, work keys etc... while riding). I leave all other keys at home home and just take the set in the leather pouch. Less to carry that way.
Yes, I remember those leather key holders.. my father especially liked them. I wonder if they still sell them like that?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

I made a key for my vision from my old custom TC key. Had to use the entire length of the blank to get the guard to clear when pushing down to lock. It works great, looks good, and I feel like King Arthur every time I pull the key out-Brian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ByteN2it said:

I made a key for my vision from my old custom TC key. Had to use the entire length of the blank to get the guard to clear when pushing down to lock. It works great, looks good, and I feel like King Arthur every time I pull the key out-Brian
Whoa... that's nice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
joeC said:
Clubford00 said:
Nice ride joe, Ive never seen the tips positioned like that, Up i mean. Its different.
I didn't know that... are they supposed to be down? Dealer installed them not me when I bought bike.
Thank you very much for pointing this out. I looked at a 10th anniversary Vision and see how they are supposed to be positioned... they look a lot better..I'll be going back to the dealer with the picture and ask them to position them correctly.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
never have seen them this way before. Get them corrected, they look better the right way.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.