VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else can you add to an 09 Ness jackpot to make it stand out in the chrome ocean. The answer for me is a pro street rake kit. My concers are of how it will change the handling of the Jackpot (pros and cons). I like the way it handles now even better than my 06 Goldwing. Now before you think I'm crazy, the Wing will carve circles around the Ness.All but the best sport bike riders have trouble shaking me off their tails on the Dragon. Wild ride on a Wing if you have the balls. Tires don't last long though. I do understand the wing is not a sportbike but it sure is fun to humble a few crotch rockets now and then. Hey, who is that crazy old guy on my a$$? TheJackpot has yet to be on theDragon and I don't expect it to be as nimble nor will I pu**** like I do the Wing. I do however like the way thefat tire Jackpot pushes back if you will while in the turns.The pushgives a better sense of ME controling the bike. This is what I don't want to change by installing the rake kit. I am not interested in transforming the Jackpot into a sport bike or some type of hybrid superbike. If you have riden a Jackpot before and after a rake install I am very interested in your opinions. On the KewlMetalsite thetext describes therake kit as making the front end LIGHTER than stock. I am concerned that this will take away the the sure footed feeling of the push in the turns. Also concerned of the braking performance with this kit installed.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It will make a good lookin' bike better lookin'...handling, I dunno. Me, I like to putt so everyone can see the mods. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the kit on the way from Phat Performance. Best price and great customer service. Par for the course, I bought the bike just because it looks great with out a test ride. First fat tire bike I ever rode. Working out great so far...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

I had written a long review for this post, but my browser just shut down, and I lost the whole damn thing.
Handleing is great. The engineering is such that the trail was altered only to correct the "Feel" of the front end. None of the flop from lesser raked tree kits. This is a whole package that relocates the stem to keep things in line. The front end tracks very stable, but is not heavy at low speeds.
There are two negatives, but nither is great, and one has an easy fix.
In a parking lot the bike is much longer so the easy two point when backing out can become a three, or four point turn. No real issue, but worth mentioning.
Brake dive is a little more pronounced, but this is an easy fix. Just add an extra inch of fluid to each leg, and that goes away.
In the Twisties my buddy Jim can run with pretty much anybody on his KP with the KMPS kit. So no worries there.
I recomend these to my customers all the time, and having installed around 20 of them I have yet to hear the first complaint....Just buy it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Just what I am looking for. Thanks for the info. I can live with the parking lot issues, that is just minor as you say. I will add the inch of oil while installing the kit. I will add some pictures once I get it figured out. I am sure it can't be that hard. Thanks again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I will post photos of the install process of the rake kit as I complete it. The kit won't be delivered for another week. Stock rake yet. I want to tear it down but I ride it to work every day if no rain. Twenty degree temps don't do good with wet roads.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Can't wait to see the final project. Keep us informed and have fun with the project.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The Kit arrived last Friday. Chrome looks great. Fit and finish of the KMPS kit is perfect. Still waiting for the correct risers and cables to get here. All in all great kit, makes the bike look the way it should. Customer service at Kewlmetal can't be beat! I also used my factory turn signals on the front. Just made a new harness for them. Maybe next week I will be able to take it out again.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Frigin awesome!! Love the look and those wheels!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still waiting on my clutch cable and throttle cables. There was a little mix up but the correct cables should be here in the afternoon. This has gone on for a month and a half so far but all the customer service from all who I worked with has been great. Hope to get to take it out this weekend if all goes well. One good thing about waiting as long as I had to for correct parts is I got my cruise control to work again. Self inflicted (strobe tail light mod caused all the problems). Details in another thread.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.