VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this lift used of Craigs List. After cleaning it up, did my first test lift today. Will not ride up because could not put my feet on the ground. Pushed it up, aftermany attempts, finally got it centered on the chock.
I did purchase the 12 inch extensions to make 24 inches wide andeasier to load and unload. But whats your trick or tips? Thanks
Also, did my first drop after I forgot the kick stand was not down!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bubba,

I like that my friend. I have been looking at the other new model of lift that was advertised on this site (can't remember the name though) but it's a bit expensive. May I ask what you paid for this one used off ebay?? It is hydraulic...right??

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

A catually put it in gear, and let the motor do the work while I walk next to the bike. If you are uncomfortable with the hight when pushing it you might want to build a walk way on the left side.
Visions are a ***** to get in in the chock since you can't see the tire. Being center is not real important. You can get it close close the chock up, and rock the bike a little to push it to the non moving side

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
bubba, what i would do is use some 2x6s and build yourself some runners alongside the lift. Just screw 2 or 3 of them together and it shoulf be high enough, then when you ride up on it your feet can just rest on the runners alongside.
Simple to make out of wood.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gadget said:
Bubba,

I like that my friend. I have been looking at the other new model of lift that was advertised on this site (can't remember the name though) but it's a bit expensive. May I ask what you paid for this one used off ebay?? It is hydraulic...right??
I paid 700 dollars delivered (the guy delivered it in his truck). I have seen them new from 799 to 1100. The thing you need to watch out for is freight especially when delivering it to a residence. Also, some come with a chock so don't. A good chock isalso can run up the cost. I got it offCraigs list, not EBay

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kevinx01 said:
A catually put it in gear, and let the motor do the work while I walk next to the bike. If you are uncomfortable with the hight when pushing it you might want to build a walk way on the left side.
Visions are a ***** to get in in the chock since you can't see the tire. Being center is not real important. You can get it close close the chock up, and rock the bike a little to push it to the non moving side
Thanks, yes a ***** to see and weigh a ton!! I will see how the extensions work and take it from there.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clubford00 said:
bubba, what i would do is use some 2x6s and build yourself some runners alongside the lift. Just screw 2 or 3 of them together and it shoulf be high enough, then when you ride up on it your feet can just rest on the runners alongside.
Simple to make out of wood.
Thanks Dean, good idea!

·
Registered
814 Posts
bubba said:
Got this lift used of Craigs List. After cleaning it up, did my first test lift today. Will not ride up because could not put my feet on the ground. Pushed it up, aftermany attempts, finally got it centered on the chock.
I did purchase the 12 inch extensions to make 24 inches wide andeasier to load and unload. But whats your trick or tips? Thanks

Just a suggestion :- Remember that the best tricks always involve smoke and mirrors. I don't know how I'd use smoke in this case but I've been using a mirror to help me get my Vision into my chock and it works great every time. Just mount a cheap mirror on the wall in front of the bike so you can see the tire approaching the wheel chock as you move the bike forward. Hope this helps you a bit.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nepper said:
bubba said:

Just a suggestion :- Remember that the best tricks always involve smoke and mirrors. I don't know how I'd use smoke in this case but I've been using a mirror to help me get my Vision into my chock and it works great every time. Just mount a cheap mirror on the wall in front of the bike so you can see the tire approaching the wheel chock as you move the bike forward. Hope this helps you a bit.
I like it!! Thanks

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It'sstraped on the front end under the cowl to the platform, no I would not lift without strapping. Might be dumb but nit stupid. :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the 12 inch extensions today. Very easy to ride up. All I need now is the mirror!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
An old car in the garage trick...If the stand is not moving anywhere, put the bike in and drop a tennis ball from the ceiling (on a string) to a particular part of the bike. When you come in to put it up...line up the tennis ball with the mark! Woo-lah!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.