VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've recently got hold of a cut down rear fender for my Jackpot.
The very fact that it is cut down was the reason for buying the Kellerman bullet lights....the original rear light being cut away.
Wiring for the indicators is straight forwards enough. However, the instructions call for the grey and white wires on each light to be connected to the original cut tail light wire.
Then the grey and red wire from each is attached to the original cut brake light wire.
It goes on to tell you that the black (ground) wire may also be attached to the original ground wire.

So, my 06 Jackpot uses only one wire to power the tail/brake light (pink/white) There is also no black ground wire left from the bullets as the two included are both used on the ground wires for the indicators.
Has anyone here come across this and how did you overcome the above problems?

Thanks for any pointers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vision Nut,
Have checked with my multi meter. There is power and it does jump up when the brakes are applied. I do have rear lights but no brake lights. My thoughts are that the brake lights are on continuous thus masking the tail lights. I don't know how to overcome this if there is only one power wire for the tail light and brake light combined.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.