VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm anal about keepingmy bikes and SUV looking good so...........
how do you keep the black looking like water? the swirls marks etc you don;t want?
I use clean micro fibre all the time when rinsing and washing and i have a blwdriver in the garage for the other bikes.
Any tips, products etc?
Thx

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I have KP in Solid Midnight Cherry and it has to be the hardest to keep clean, To get swirls out I use Meguiar's swirl remover with very good results, just follow there instructions
REgards

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use Turtle Wax "Ice." It is a clear spray wax that rubs on and off all at once (no dry and rub out). It is awesome and takes all swirls out. I get a lot of comments on how wet and clean my black vision looks.

I think it is sold in a kit too. Don't buy that. Just by the spray. It is great!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Mfoster said:
I use Turtle Wax "Ice." It is a clear spray wax that rubs on and off all at once (no dry and rub out). It is awesome and takes all swirls out. I get a lot of comments on how wet and clean my black vision looks.

I think it is sold in a kit too. Don't buy that. Just by the spray. It is great!
+1 on Ice. Also, this might sound strange but I only use water on my bike about once every three months.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have owned a 1100 Honda Sabre for almost two years and my Vic for a year.Neither bike as been washed since I've had them.To be fair I have not ridden them in the rain other than a light sprinkle.I just use Pledge and a microfiber towel about once a week and they look like they just came off the showroom floor.I also use a California Duster to remove dust etc. from the bike before I rub the finish with anything.No swirls for me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
When the swirls and general wear and tear show from a long tour I wash the bike thoroughly. Then apply 2 coats of Mother's Wax. Clean wax as soon as you can see your fingerprint indicating the wax has dried. Then buff by hand with a fiber cloth. This works for my 09 Kingpin Tour. After some of my longer rides it looks like I have permanently damaged the paint with my chaps rubbing against the side of the tank. But after going through above routine paint looks like new again.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Mfoster said:

+1 on Ice. Also, this might sound strange but I only use water on my bike about once every three months.
Ice is great stuff no doubt about it

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I checked out the Meguiars web site for some help with cleaning and waxing this summer.
They have some very good information (videos) on how to do and what not to do.
There is a process to follow and if you do it the way they recommand it works well, takes a lot of time mainly because there are three stages to doing a proper job.
Regards

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
randysfishing said:
dsjr70 said:
Mfoster said:

Ice is great stuff no doubt about it
Great to see the comments. I'm off to pick up the Turtle WaxIce Spray now.
[ Delete ]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Ice hides the swirls it does not remove them-it has some great qualities-put on in the hot sun,no problem. Get some on the black plastic trim, no problem-hit the trim too. I've been working on building up multiple coats of Liquid Glass (about a dozen on now) with very good results. I also have The Black Box from Turtle wax with black pre-cleaner, black wax, and black detail spray that works well between washes and a can of Spray-N-Shine to get the dust off sometimes.-Brian

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
My KP with the Aniiversary Blue looks great all the time even when dirty.

OMG Skully is a real dust collector! I rode in the rain today so I guess I washed it.

BTW The True American Road Trip Blog Site is sposed to be up tomorrow. I'll post when it is!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

I'm gonna try that Turtle Wax ICE also.
WW

·
Registered
399 Posts
Haven't tried the Ice yet, but have yet to hear a bad comment about it. I do use Plexus. It works on everything, but it is only a cleaner, no protection. For protection you need wax or a polymer coat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.