VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Kawasaki is joining the crowd and building a retro bike. I love this bike. It looks old but has all the updated stuff the new naked bikes have. it just makes you feel young.

The much rumoured and eagerly anticipated 2018 model year machine christened the Z900RS is an up-to-date modern classic blessed with a multitude of references to the Z1, the machine that not only acted as a crucial stepping stone for Kawasaki as a brand but also changed the face of performance motorcycling forever. Tagged a "Retro Sport" thanks to its RS moniker, the new Z900RS has been painstakingly created by Kawasaki's styling department and factory engineers as an all-new machine. There's no place for fake in the lifestyle you choose. Kawasaki alone has the heritage to deliver yesterday's values to today's riders in a truly authentic Modern Classic bike. The visceral spirit of a 1970s legend - Kawasaki's original king of cool Z1 - finds expression in the Z900RS, to satisfy the very essence of the rider you are now.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Reminds me of my old KZ650 I had back in college.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
They needed a normal looking bike as most of their line has a very hawk like profile IMO
They had the ZRX a while back that started out at 1100 then upped to 1200.
Now they've dropped a similar bike down to 900.
It seems like they are downsizing for the euro's.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They needed a normal looking bike as most of their line has a very hawk like profile IMO
They had the ZRX a while back that started out at 1100 then upped to 1200.
Now they've dropped a similar bike down to 900.
It seems like they are downsizing for the euro's.
This bike has nothing in common with the ZRX except it's a Kawasaki. I had a ZRX1200 and the only good thing about it was the engine. The suspension was outdated and the flex frame was terrible. The 900 has all modern components. Lighter and more agile. Companies are building retro looking bikes but they are fantastic machines. To be young again would be so much fun.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I care. It should probably be posted in the off topic/other topic folder, but anything motorcycle is cool by me.

Check THIS out.....
I was checking out the info on that thing yesterday. Even though it looks strange it is fascinating.

I feel the same way. I love talking about bikes. No matter what brand or what type.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was a about to buy the Triumph before I stumbled upon the Victory. Heard a lot of good things about it and since I have owned Triumphs in the past and had good luck with them it was a no brainer. They are beautiful bikes to begin with and those pictures show what can be done to even make them even more sexy.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I care. It should probably be posted in the off topic/other topic folder, but anything motorcycle is cool by me.

Check THIS out.....
It is interesting, but I still can't find an answer to my question on this bike.

Why?

What problem is being solved by putting a second wheel on front of a bike that leans? I understand the purpose of a trike, or a reverse trike like the Spyder, but I just don't get the purpose with this thing.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is interesting, but I still can't find an answer to my question on this bike.

Why?

What problem is being solved by putting a second wheel on front of a bike that leans? I understand the purpose of a trike, or a reverse trike like the Spyder, but I just don't get the purpose with this thing.
I think it will be for people who cannot ride a motorcycle anymore but still wants the thrill of riding. The Spyder is more like a three wheeled car and a trike is just useless to most of us. I am guessing since it has three wheels it might be easier than a motorcycle to ride but I am not sure. Maybe one of these days we will get to try one out.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I think it will be for people who cannot ride a motorcycle anymore but still wants the thrill of riding. The Spyder is more like a three wheeled car and a trike is just useless to most of us. I am guessing since it has three wheels it might be easier than a motorcycle to ride but I am not sure. Maybe one of these days we will get to try one out.
But if it leans, don't you still have to hold it up? That kind of defeats the purpose of having 3 wheels. If you want to lean and have to hold it up anyway, why not just stick with 2 wheels? I just don't get it. I'm as confused as that thing looks!!! Hahaha.

I have to admit, I was surprised how much fun the Spyder is to ride. It is more like a snowmobile that handles like a sports car. That is the best way I know how to describe it. It definitely isn't something I would want as my primary bike, but it is fun to jump on it and go for a ride once in a while. It would be even more fun with more power. Maybe a turbo on it. :hihi:

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
It looks like Kawasaki is joining the crowd and building a retro bike. I love this bike. It looks old but has all the updated stuff the new naked bikes have. it just makes you feel young.

The much rumoured and eagerly anticipated 2018 model year machine christened the Z900RS is an up-to-date modern classic blessed with a multitude of references to the Z1, the machine that not only acted as a crucial stepping stone for Kawasaki as a brand but also changed the face of performance motorcycling forever. Tagged a "Retro Sport" thanks to its RS moniker, the new Z900RS has been painstakingly created by Kawasaki's styling department and factory engineers as an all-new machine. There's no place for fake in the lifestyle you choose. Kawasaki alone has the heritage to deliver yesterday's values to today's riders in a truly authentic Modern Classic bike. The visceral spirit of a 1970s legend - Kawasaki's original king of cool Z1 - finds expression in the Z900RS, to satisfy the very essence of the rider you are now.

I've always had a spot for Kawi and this is something they needed IMO. I like it.
I'm thinking about an around town brawler. Funny thing is my Vic does well in that catagory also.
Still light weight and handling is key with a little HP and som good revvin ! Naaaah better quit while I'm ahead. Sound like too much fun.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not much of a BMW person. I have owned a few they were alright bikes but nothing special. They seem to have more recalls than any other brand but anyways it looks like they might unveil a new version of their touring bike.

Is BMW about to launch the K1600C?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.