VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike to AZ for the retirement run this morning. For the second time in two weeks, a black Acura zoomed by me partially in my lane. Not as close as the first one (6" off his mirror), but the driver still got my single finger salute. I understand that bikers are not 20 ton 18 wheel roadblocks, but I'm beginning to feel like a damned target, and I'm getting pissed. What do we need to do to get respect on the road????

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

I'd like to see that all people must spend 2 years riding a bike before they ever get behind the wheel of a car. This would do a couple things, make allbetter more attentivedrivers, scare some enough never to want to drive, or wipe the idiots off the face of the earth (sorry if this isn't PC, but we all feel it sometimes). This would end up making the road safer for all that share the road.
Just my opinions

·
Registered
752 Posts

I had two instances where two idiots looked right at me while talking on their cell phones then pulled right out in front of me just yesterday. Any more I have to honk to make them look, then give them the finger and mouth "read my lips - you're a dumb @$$". Sometimes I point to my crotch and make kissing gestures with my lips.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't thinkit's the same guy. The first one had me so puckered up it took ten minutes to work the cramp out of my bicep from hauling the bike over, and I think it was a newer car but he was gone so fast I didn't get a plate. This one I could have followed but didn't.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

I remember the first bike I bought back in 1976, the dealers son had a peice of chain on his handbars so I asked him what the chain was for as it did not seem long enough to lock bike, It was for assholes like the car in your case, he would throw it through there windshield
Regards

·
Registered
96 Posts
I usually carry some ball bearings in my pocket( nice size ones) just for these moments!!! Get in front of the jerk/jerkette and let a couple start bouncing into their car. Does friggin wonders.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'd just try to get a plate number and call it in. A car vs bike while trying to make a point isn't a game I want to play anymore.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
get the plate, pull over and call them in....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

SurreyVIC said:
I usually carry some ball bearings in my pocket( nice size ones) just for these moments!!! Get in front of the jerk/jerkette and let a couple start bouncing into their car. Does friggin wonders.
While I'm sure this may be a satisfying retort for an instant- what are you going to do to keep these balls from hitting other cars and causing damage to innocents?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Another for the ball bearings. I don't bounce them off the road, I get beside the car and through them, this sure makes them back off. I have also put a foot into the side of a car door once.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Ihave had words with cagers several times over the years, butnever when riding with my wife; I don't want to upset her and possibly ruin the rest of the ride. I may just take a lesson from this, chalk up poor driving habits as another reason to pay attention to other drivers, and leave it at that. It doesn't really make much sense to play games with automobiles. One thing that has really slowed down my retaliatory nature was getting a concealed carry permit; makes even less sense to get into an argument. JMO.
One excellent addition I made to my last bike was a Stebel horn - very loud, and an eye opener for dumb-sh!ts.

·
Registered
224 Posts

Just wanted to make an important observation. When calling in A-hole drivers it is important that you sound like a very concerned motorist. Don't tell the dispatcher that they are talking on their cell phone. I always suggest that they must be driving drunk/impaired because they are all over the road. Then give a clear description of the car and a plate if you have one. Also helps if you know the last direction of travel.

As a side note: I frequently listen to apolice scanner. I have yet to hear the dispatcherput a call out for someone reported as driving while talking on their cell phone. I have heard numerous dispatch calls for reports of drunkand or reckless drivers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.