VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........And, it's been a very good weekend. Now, strictly speaking, that's not completely accurate. A couple of times this weekend, I was not having a "good" weekend. The weather was fantastic and just following the hurricane, it was especially nice. What this meant was I wanted to go for a ride! But I didn't and felt put out by that a couple of times. Then, we spent some time at Walmart (I am really hating going to Walmart on weekends to pick up things I can get during the week). Wife loves it and likes to get these things taken care of and not let them linger.

And, I had a bunch of yard work that really needed to be done because of the Hurricane.

Well, I did all the yard work, went shopping with the wife (more than just Walmart), and even worked on finishing up a project regarding a covered patio we added on to the back. Fountains, clocks, some landscaping, finishing touches on ceiling fans, etc.

So, tonight we have a great grilled rib eye, corn on the cob and pasta salad dinner and a bit of time on the patio enjoying the peace and quiet, watching the humming birds.

So, she goes off to do her nails, etc, I come to the computer to stir up trouble and then it's time for bed. She comes in, gives me a kiss, says good night, and I realize I had a very good weekend spending it with her and we got a lot of things done. It felt very nice to have that sense of working together to make our lives a little better.

Well, what's the point? Lately I've been talking with a friend who has lost a wife, and there have been a couple of other's I know who are having some pretty big trouble with their marriages (and, brother, I've been there before). This is helping to make me realize that things are usually a lot better than I may think they are, and all I have to do is look up once in a while and take the time to be where I am instead of trying to be somewhere else. And I've got a great partner. I should never forget that. It is rare, and it doesn't last forever. Figgured some of you guys had similar thoughts or moments.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great post and there are many that should realize what they have. I was married 32 years to the best women ever and we had a perfect marriage and 3 awesome kids. I bet you we might of had 5 fights in all those years. Sex was great, companionship was awesome and she was truly my best friend. She passed away from cancer almost 4 years ago and man what I would give to have her back. Even though we did a lot together there are so many things I wish I would have done with her but instead went to play golf or ride. The guilt I had was consuming and I don't ever want to feel that again. I have just recently re-married and I will do everything possible with her, don't ever want that guilt again.

Bottom line, NEVER take your spouse for granted and treat everyday like it's the last.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
........And, it's been a very good weekend. Now, strictly speaking, that's not completely accurate. A couple of times this weekend, I was not having a "good" weekend. The weather was fantastic and just following the hurricane, it was especially nice. What this meant was I wanted to go for a ride! But I didn't and felt put out by that a couple of times. Then, we spent some time at Walmart (I am really hating going to Walmart on weekends to pick up things I can get during the week). Wife loves it and likes to get these things taken care of and not let them linger.

And, I had a bunch of yard work that really needed to be done because of the Hurricane.

Well, I did all the yard work, went shopping with the wife (more than just Walmart), and even worked on finishing up a project regarding a covered patio we added on to the back. Fountains, clocks, some landscaping, finishing touches on ceiling fans, etc.

So, tonight we have a great grilled rib eye, corn on the cob and pasta salad dinner and a bit of time on the patio enjoying the peace and quiet, watching the humming birds.

So, she goes off to do her nails, etc, I come to the computer to stir up trouble and then it's time for bed. She comes in, gives me a kiss, says good night, and I realize I had a very good weekend spending it with her and we got a lot of things done. It felt very nice to have that sense of working together to make our lives a little better.

Well, what's the point? Lately I've been talking with a friend who has lost a wife, and there have been a couple of other's I know who are having some pretty big trouble with their marriages (and, brother, I've been there before). This is helping to make me realize that things are usually a lot better than I may think they are, and all I have to do is look up once in a while and take the time to be where I am instead of trying to be somewhere else. And I've got a great partner. I should never forget that. It is rare, and it doesn't last forever. Figgured some of you guys had similar thoughts or moments.
GREAT read....sometimes I forget what an ANGEL I have...seems only credit I give her is she LOVES riding, on back, and suggests great locations to go to...which I ALWAYS say yes HONEY. There's MANY good compliments I could list, but then don't wanna bore or make anyone jealous. Magvic....WE are BLESSED! Think on way home I'll get her a bottle of her favorite wine. :angel4: (YES...I have intensions after BUT TMI:dance:)

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We never fight.......but we sure have lots of "opportunities for marital understanding and attitude adjustment".

• Haha
Reactions: Bujee1 and Flyboy

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
We never fight.......but we sure have lots of "opportunities for marital understanding and attitude adjustment".[/

I tell people they'd laugh at what we fight over....DUMB stuff....like me being always the "OPTIMIST"...OH well :badgrin:

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm also among the guys that consider themselves lucky to have a great wife. It took me three times to get it right but man did I hit the jackpot.

Great thread.

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kelli is also my third.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm very lucky. My SuzyQ would much rather ride her Springfield than do chores or go shopping. She is a blessing. In fact, we blew off fall yard work and a trip to the grocery store yesterday to go cruising. After all, the grass will continue to grow long after I'm not here to mow it, but my riding days with SuzyQ are all too finite.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Kelli is also my third.
On 2nd (32 years)....you and Mike CRAZY??:22yikes:IF and I PRAY nothing happens to wife before me....MAN am I going to PLAY!!:dance:.... Even if it's in nursing home:angel4:....BUT would never marry again!

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And that's where I was too. Three years having fun. New bike no women. But she was different and has proven to be very special. But this is it.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts

Sounds like something you would read on Facebook :biggrin: Oh yeah we rode our bikes and then rode each other .Ate some great food in between times. Did have to clean the house up a little and wash dishes.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Otter & I have been together over 20 years now & have been business partners that whole time.
Been together as in 24/7's for the most part of 20 years.

Marital Bliss? Hell No!
We have had more disagreements in a day than most couples would in a month.

LOL! But for some reason we are still together & looks like we will stay that way.
Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't mean you can't respect them.
It's just a way of finding balance & not "wanting something better".

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I am blessed to wake up every morning next to the same beautiful woman I married 23 years ago. We have a home we share, a smart and well adjusted daughter, family, friends, etc... We both have jobs that allow us to do everything we need to, and a few things we want to. Every once in a while I feel sorry for myself, but then after a minute or two all of the above stated things occur to me and I get on with my day. Oh and by the way the wife likes to ride with me, and didn't leave me when I brought home the 2nd Victory. I'm truly fortunate.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two motorcycles she's good with. It's two women that will get cha killed. :biggrin:

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I told my wife I wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle. I was 52. That was 8 years, 140,000 miles and 6 bikes ago. When she decided she would rather ride on the back than ride her own she signed off on my having two bikes. For most of my riding career I have had between two and three bikes in the stable. She loves the Lord. She loves me.
I win.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.