VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the dealer with my new Cross Country. What a great bike! I put 50 miles on it and so far have been completely impressed.
After reading about these new Vics for awhile, I finally made a trip to the dealer on Saturday to put a deposit down on a new Cherry CC...had my heart set on that color...or so i thought. While I was there, I asked to see the extreme skull scheme that they just got in. It had just been delivered and hadn't even been taken out of the crate yet. a tech and my salesman opened up the crate for me....and all 3 of us stopped and stared when it was uncovered.
The skull scheme looks 100 times better in person than any photo i've seen of it so far. And it instantly attracted a crowd....within a few minutes, there were at least half a dozen guys standing around drooling.
It took me about an hour to change my mind from ordering a Cherry to putting a hold on the skull bike.
After riding it home, i'm head over heels in love! :D Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get more riding in!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Congrats, great choice!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Congrats. I'mstill waiting for the call on my XR.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Big congratulations!!!! You liked the "skulls" eh??? Interesting - because I'm w/ you. I like the cherry color - based on the pictures. It's interesting that "in person" you chose the skulls bike over the cherry color. Now I NEED the see a "Skulls XC."

Enjoy - pictures & more ride impressions please!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
ddawg said:
Big congratulations!!!! You liked the "skulls" eh??? Interesting - because I'm w/ you. I like the cherry color - based on the pictures. It's interesting that "in person" you chose the skulls bike over the cherry color. Now I NEED the see a "Skulls XC."

Enjoy - pictures & more ride impressions please!!!!!
+1

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
skulls are ok but really not for me. They do look better in person though than any picture I've ever seen. Then again, most of the Victory pictures never do the bike justice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The cherry is kind of interesting I think....the first CC i looked at was cherry....on the floor at the dealer....so it was under some pretty harsh lighting. The color inside was gorgeous....loved it.
I went back a week later and saw the same bike outside on a bright sunny day. The thing i noticed the most was how, depending on the angle and light, it would change color. I saw everything from almost black, to a pinkish-purple.
Some people love that about it....but for me, it was a bit of a turn-off. Being fortunate enough to see a cherry CC and a skull CC sitting outside side-by-side really helped in making my decision.
I want to take some pics of it tomorrow if the weather cooperates...we'll see. Most of all, I can't wait to ride again!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
CONGRATS, I love mine too! The skulls do look a lot better in person.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

I agree...
The skull theme is way different/better in person than in a pic. Glad you found
the right one for you.
Congrats!
WW

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

well, as promised, here are a couple pics....just about killed me to not be able to ride to work today....hoping the weather clears up this afternoon so I can go out this evening.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Great looking bike. I saw the Skull bike at Arlen Ness when they got their first bike. The graphics are very nice. Arlen kept it for himself and was going to paint the graphics so that the skulls where more of a ghost effect.
I pick up my Black Cherry CC on Sunday. Finally!!!!! Can't wait to start putting miles on it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Hey J,
Congrats... I didn't get to take n upclose loook at it when we were at the dealer that Sat. u put down ur deposit and I was picking mine up. I was busy doing a detailed inspection of my bike. But the Blk w/ Skulls look sweet. I'll be back there for all or most of my service needs so I'll send u a heads up b4 i head your way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.