VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i finally decided on the Edge Leather model 102 with the ghost brackets and my military discount was like 480 and free shipping I talked to a guy name Joe he was very helpfull in me making my decision.
this is not my bike...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts

Hello Hardball, I think you will really enjoy the bags, I have the same setup with the 105 bags for over a year and they still look brand new. It's nice to ride around town without any bags and in less than a minute your ready for an out of town ride.
Thanks for your service, and God Bless.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

dsjr70 said:
Do you need the Ghost brackets or can you bolt them on direct?
You need the ghost brackets or easybrackets will work. The bags will need to be drilled for the brackets. Edge leathers has a really good step by step instructions and a instalation video if needed.The bags themselves have no brackets they are smooth backs and have reforced frames so they hold there shape.. I did alot of shopping befor i decided on the bags i wanted,and for the money these were a good deal for what i am getting..
http://www.edgeleather.com/component/option,com_expose/Itemid,327/
The guy i talked to his name is Joe and was very helpfull
As for bolting them direct i guess if you made something to keep clearence off the fender you could bolt them direct.. i didnt really think about doing that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts

I am getting ready to take a little trip and wanted more storage. I have the Biker Friend that mounts to the luggage rack but I dont think it would be big enough. I would just take my bagger but it is not a Victory and I am meeting Victory riders so I don't want to pull up on a Suzuki...lol
I just dont want to spend $500.00 on bags for one trip, I have been trying to contact House of Kolors to see if they would paint the hardbags to match the bike but I haven't had any luck.
Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
Harball, those bags look like they are big!!!!! Just looking at the pisture, looks like no passanger can be on the bike and my fat ass would be rubbing on them. They make great stuff, actually went there and talked to a few guys. Very nice and easy todeal with. Be sure and show us when you have them mounted. Thnaks for your service to our Country!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dsjr70 said:
I am getting ready to take a little trip and wanted more storage. I have the Biker Friend that mounts to the luggage rack but I dont think it would be big enough. I would just take my bagger but it is not a Victory and I am meeting Victory riders so I don't want to pull up on a Suzuki...lol
I just dont want to spend $500.00 on bags for one trip, I have been trying to contact House of Kolors to see if they would paint the hardbags to match the bike but I haven't had any luck.
Any suggestions?
dsjr70 I really dont know much about hard bags but i do know mustang makes a really nice set for like $700 a little much for my taste, and they are leatherwraped so painting them wont work. As far as finding someone that caters to painting bike stuff. The Guys at RevDynamics will be glad to paint anything you send them they are the ones that painted my bike and as soon as i get back and pick out a good helmet they are going to paint it to match my bike. they do some really nice work check out my videos.. Here is a link to there websight.
http://www.revdynamics.net/
They are located in northern Indianna.
I hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

bubba said:
Harball, those bags look like they are big!!!!! Just looking at the pisture, looks like no passanger can be on the bike and my fat ass would be rubbing on them. They make great stuff, actually went there and talked to a few guys. Very nice and easy todeal with. Be sure and show us when you have them mounted. Thnaks for your service to our Country!!!!!
I think your right Bubba they do look really big. I only plan to use them on long trips. When not in use i will take them off.being single (sort of) I am not really setting my bike up for any passengers, but i will have a passenger seat and pegs should the need arise. As long as She meets my Requirements... 36-24-36 120# lol a Guy can dream..lol The Bike does have standards ya know
As soon as i get them mounted i will def take some pictures. Prolly be a couple of months. Stuck in the sand for just a lil longer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts

Well, I found some leathers with the Vic mounting kit for 50 buck. I am going with them for a temp fix.. Can you ask your buddies at rev if they can match a House of Kolors paint job?
Thanks
Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts

Hardball_3, I was just wondering if the matte finish on your bike was done using liquid paint or if it is powdercoated? I'm planning on a full matte finish next year, but i'm not sure which route to take as I really don't know anything about painting bikes. I just know I want a matte finish. =)
BTW, the bags look great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kden said:
Hardball_3, I was just wondering if the matte finish on your bike was done using liquid paint or if it is powdercoated? I'm planning on a full matte finish next year, but i'm not sure which route to take as I really don't know anything about painting bikes. I just know I want a matte finish. =)
BTW, the bags look great.
Kden
i know that the paint on the bike is liquid ... the wheels, headlight and speedo bezzle's are powdercoated... There is a video on my page it shows Revdynamics painting my bike check it out. Good luck on painting your bike i love the matte look
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts

I also love the matte look because nobody else has it. I've only seen a couple other bikes out on the road that actually have that. It's also why I went with shotgun isntead of swept pipes. I love the look of the swepts, but almost every Victory around my area has swepts, so I figured i'd have mine stick out a bit and throw the shotguns on.
Now I just have to decide how I want the matte finish done. If I want all black, or something different. So many choices!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top