VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm done talking about doing it and put down a deposit on a black XC today. I ordered the drivers-passengers backrests with luggage rack, stage 1 kit, heated grips, tall w/shield, passenger grab handles, and bag liners. The bike should be in around March/April which is fine being as I live in Michigan and am now looking at snow. Can't wait for spring!!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Oh yeah!!!!!! I know the feeling. Just 2 days ago I ordered a bike for my son - but - the excitement - nervousness - wondering if you are doing the right thing - knowing you are doing the right thing!!! It's all there .... now the waiting game.

Hey - you're in for a GREAT Spring & Summer!! You've ordered a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ddawg said:
Oh yeah!!!!!! I know the feeling. Just 2 days ago I ordered a bike for my son - but - the excitement - nervousness - wondering if you are doing the right thing - knowing you are doing the right thing!!! It's all there .... now the waiting game.

Hey - you're in for a GREAT Spring & Summer!! You've ordered a fantastic bike.
EXACTLY, I keep feeling guilty. It's like what the hell I'm 53 and not getting any youger, time to live a little.

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Congrats!

We'll do our best to make the next 90 days to go by as quickly as possible for you!

I know you did your homework and will be happy with your new bike!

·
Registered
239 Posts

Congrats!
You've made a wise choice and I am sure youwill love it.
I have had mine for almost a month but itstoo cold to ride here in Jersey.
The outside temperature has to be at least my age (52).
Maybe in 6 - 8 weeks she can come out and play.
BTW, love it in black!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, this is going to be the longest 3 months of my life!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Was at a local dealer yesterday and looked at the black one with the sculls (not crazy about the skulls). I did like it. Did you get the chrome things for the top of therear bags? They had them on and they do look function-able.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bubba said:
Was at a local dealer yesterday and looked at the black one with the sculls (not crazy about the skulls). I did like it. Did you get the chrome things for the top of therear bags? They had them on and they do look function-able.
No I didn't get the racks for the top of the bags but I did get the passenger grab handles in chrome. We'll see how those look and work out, then go from there. I want the wife to feel secure, she's used to the trunk on an Electra Glide. The bike at the dealer was the one with the skulls, looks better in person than in pictures. I'm getting mine in all black.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Not sure how tall you are but I think the racks for top of bags is a good think, I have bags on KP and sometimes when I get on bike my boot will scuff the top of bag leaving marks
Regards

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Victory. Just curious, which dealer in MI did you go to. My brother got his KP from Smokin Joes in Grand Rapids. I have hadmy Cross Country

for almost two weeks and just did the 500 mile service, but then I am in FL. I hope spring comes early for you.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dragon6 said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Victory. Just curious, which dealer in MI did you go to. My brother got his KP from Smokin Joes in Grand Rapids. I have hadmy Cross Country

for almost two weeks and just did the 500 mile service, but then I am in FL. I hope spring comes early for you.
I ended up at K&W Cycle in Shelby Township. Real nice people there and a good selection of clothing, helmets, etc.. The owner Duke and sales manager Kevin are passionate about Vics. They're a multi line dealer but Vics are all they ride personally. I actually like that they are multi-line with sleds, jet-ski's etc., less chance of them going under.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SuperCC said:
Congrats on a great choice. It's just not fair us Mid-west riders have to wait this long to ride our new bikes.
I hear that, this is getting to be the longest winter of my life!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts