VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piece of cake, and lovin the tunes!! My dealer told me it was a difficult job, you have to remove the fuel tank, don't try it yourself you will have problems and we charge 1 1/2 hours. Well I took my sweet ass time, you don't have to remove the fuel tank-just loosen it and pull it back and lift it up to run the cable along the harness. I went real slow to be sure I had everything right and I probably spent a little over an hour. If I did it again it's a 30 minute job.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okieM92 said:
my dealer just quoted me 200 bucks labor plus parts..said they had to remove the fairing.....have a feeling they don't have a clue !! said no thanks.....
WOW, just remove the headlight (4 screws), side covers, seat, rt saddlebag and slide the tank back, piece of cake.

·
Registered
73 Posts
did you disconnect anything on the tank or just lift back and up slightly and support tank? Thinking of doing this mod soon as I have my iso grips and new windshield on and the ipod is last thing on the list.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just the ground wire and two bolts at the back of the tank... dont have to remove the whole tank.. Had my wife come out and hold it up a minute or so while I routed the cable and tie-wrapped it.. Really pretty simple.. make sure you tie the cable up high off the belt back by the bag.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gonzo64 said:
did you disconnect anything on the tank or just lift back and up slightly and support tank? Thinking of doing this mod soon as I have my iso grips and new windshield on and the ipod is last thing on the list.
Nope, just lift and pull it back a bit, then feed the cable thru right next to the main harness. Be SURE that the fuel line coming off the rear of the tank is pointing towards the rear of the bike when you set the tank back down. If it's pulled to the side you can snap the nipple off of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hid low beam and Ipod cables are installed, It was a good day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.