VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the time to install my new Gp's. I love the sound. Much much better than my x-bow with baffles removed. And it spits fire.

They have such a deep sounds that reminds me of my brothers x-star wakeboard boat that had a vette engine in it. Once it gets to a smooth cruise the sound mellows out. But as soon as you get on it, it starts to roar again.

I love the sound!!

The only downside is the heat on my right leg when stopped.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also .. might i suggest taking off that lower belt guard .. especially the plastic ones. ive heard of those things breaking on people while they are riding ... i take every single one off every bike that comes through the shop
Thanks preach!!! Dont want my friends to eat my dust, have their ears blown off, and hit in the face withe a belt guard. I'll make sure they know who to thank.. Conquest Customs

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally took the time to install my new Gp's. I love the sound. Much much better than my x-bow with baffles removed. And it spits fire.

They have such a deep sounds that reminds me of my brothers x-star wakeboard boat that had a vette engine in it. Once it gets to a smooth cruise the sound mellows out. But as soon as you get on it, it starts to roar again.

I love the sound!!

The only downside is the heat on my right leg when stopped.
Hey how are you liking your gp, I'm thinking about getting the gp too. I'm wondering if this heat shield will do the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey how are you liking your gp, I'm thinking about getting the gp too. I'm wondering if this heat shield will do the job.
I have only put 20-30 mins on it so far. I haven't decided whether or not I can withstand the heat with them wrapped only. After the first ride, needing a heat wrap for the right side didnt come to mind. Just when I put my foot on the ground did I really notice the extra heat.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
contrary to popular belief, heat wrap isnt cooler. what it does is, it helps the pipe dissipate heat. Which is why people can think that its running hot. The pipe isnt too hot, its just the wrap radiating the heat.

i was in the same boat as you until i put that shield on and now i have zero issues

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Reactions: PreachSF

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
@wvrider1 .. Yep, thats my personal bike, flavored after Steve McQueen's Bullitt . Its an absolute blast, just wish there were more curvey roads in south FL *sigh*
Very cool movie, local Ford dealer has one of those debadged Mustang's for sale.

Reactions: PreachSF
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.