VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rode about 8200 miles, the bike was great other than a squeeky belt after the first week of riding. Used Parafin wax on the belt after that. Did the 1k mile in 24 hrs, and 1500 k mile in 36 in the first two days for the Iron Butt. The last day rode 1450 miles from Ogullula, Neb. back home to Maryland just so I could surprise my son at his first soccer game. It worked.

The trip was based around the Maryland @ Texas football game but my wife was kind enough to let us strech it out a little. Also changed the oil in a Walmart parking lot, the drain plug washer fell in the old oil so I laid the bike over after filling with new oil and took the plug out added the washer and put it back on.

Overall it was a great trip, saw a bunch of Victories out on the road even a few Visions. Can't wait for next year's trip.
World Ecoregion Map Font Line
Plant Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip. Looks like your route took you thru some great National Park locations. Did you have time to visit a few of them? One of my things is getting a National Park pass and getting as much use as possible out of it. @Rollin If they ever come up with a National Park Iron Butt I'm all in.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Wow, that's quiet a trip. Glad to hear the bike performed well and you had a good time with the spouse.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip. Looks like your route took you thru some great National Park locations. Did you have time to visit a few of them? One of my things is getting a National Park pass and getting as much use as possible out of it. @Rollin If they ever come up with a National Park Iron Butt I'm all in.
Well ..... there is this - National Parks Tour

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We went through a Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons, then two days down to Austin for the Md. game. After that we went to Albuquerque, then did the Enchanted Circle near Taos, NM., and rode 95, and 12 in Utah which were awesome around the Canyonlands, and Zion and a bunch of other canyons. Then we left Washington, UT. and made it home in two days.

I tried to upload some pics but they are too big and I don't know how to resize them from my phone. My wife won't ride with me not yet anyway, we have too many kids to take care of. She is waiting until they are out of the house, and probably won't do it after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.