VOG Forum banner

Just drilled stock exhaust. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

9498 8
I Just finished drilling my exhaust out to 1 1/8". AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It was so easy as well! Cost me less than $10 to buy a hole saw bit and only a few minutes to drill. Made a world of difference. At least I can hear the bike now. And if I crack the throttle it will really BARK!! I think it is much safer as well. People will be able to hear me. But, it is not too loud. Still nice and quiet when cruising! Can hear radio without turning up anymore than usual. Thanks to all you guys who posted the suggestion. I'm so glad I tried this first. At least I can be patient till save up some extra cash for some real pipes.

Keep the rubber side down!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a hard time getting pic's on here. Steps are simple. Get 1" or 1 1/8" hole saw drill bit. Will need approximately 24" extension to get into where you need to drill out hole. Stick inside pipe and drill. If any prob's arise, may have to take bag's off and dismantle exhaust but should'nt have to. Mine went pretty good. Really can't get into any trouble, but maybe don't do it the night before a big ride just in case!

If any more questions just ask. Go back into forums to other threads labelled drilled exhaust as well. There is one with a picture of hole saw, drill and all. GOOD LUCK!!!! But you won't need it. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Thanks I was planning on doing this in the winter time as 1 of many projects to do.
Is it just a piece of sheet metal that comes out? How thick is it? Wow 24" extension that is a little long but I am sure I can rig something up.
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drilling takes about 30 seconds or less. Thin sheet metal. Just get a couple 12" extensions out of your tool box, put together and drill. I used my air gun! Don't wait till winter. It literally takes 5 minutes tops after you get all your tools set up. IF you get a drill stuck inside exhaust, simply take bag off, dismantle exhaust, turn over and pound out broken end. Really is very easy! And I'm not super mechanical.

Good Luck!!!!!!
Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I installed the Stage One when I purchased my CC and was very disappointed by the lack of increased sound. I don't want a blaster but I want to hear the power roll off. Has anyone drilled out a Stage One? Would it be any different? Any air/fuel mix issues with the drill out? Popping etc.?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Limbo said:
I installed the Stage One when I purchased my CC and was very disappointed by the lack of increased sound. I don't want a blaster but I want to hear the power roll off. Has anyone drilled out a Stage One? Would it be any different? Any air/fuel mix issues with the drill out? Popping etc.?
Be patient with the stage 1, they keep getting louder. I have 6,000 miles on mine now and they sound really nice, keep getting louder to 8,000 miles I've been told. Pull hte rubber seal from the air filter and it adds some more attitude and sound as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll definitely wait. I'm not about to start drilling on that Stage One. If I do anything as far as aftermarket exhaust it will be next year anyway. Been looking into Ness and RPW. Don't you have to remove the tank to access the air filter? I'm at 4100 miles.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

Limbo said:
I'll definitely wait. I'm not about to start drilling on that Stage One. If I do anything as far as aftermarket exhaust it will be next year anyway. Been looking into Ness and RPW. Don't you have to remove the tank to access the air filter? I'm at 4100 miles.
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_6011/
You don't have to remove the tank. This tells you how to remove the rubber piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.