VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit I liked what Polaris did with the indians early on.

It was a great addition to their stable, Victory for modern, Indian for nostalgia.

I know they still offer the 'classic' but to me, this is a wrecked look for an iconic brand.

I really think they're going to screw up this up like they did Victory.

I just really think this doesn't look good at all compared to the original.

View attachment 502407

• Angry
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I dig that 2019 and that blue is right up my alley.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I like it..... Done away with the horrible looking mud guards and the hideous looking hinges on the panniers as well..... I can see these things evolving into a XCT with all the stuff an XCT should have been given.....

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I dig that 2019 and that blue is right up my alley.
They have a metallic green one in their "Icon" line also. Local dealer here has one on the floor. I'm not big on green, but it was a good color on that bike.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Q3 motorcycle sales up (or down) 0%. But pontoon boat sales are rising nicely. We know where this goes. Moving away from copying 1940's Indians and towards copying current Harley's isn't going to get it done.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't know, guess we'll see how sales do but I find that bulbous fairing rather ugly and the rounded wide looking bags just turn me off.

I wasn't a fan of the round hinges either, i hate the fact they took out the rear tail light as well.

Without the valanced front fender, the bike just doesn't say Indian to me anymore.

• Angry

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Everyone’s taste is different sales will tell. The club I ride in is all HD,s and when I rolled into church meeting everyone was like wow now that’s a good looking bike. And it doesn’t look like a Harley for a change. When the 19 limited came out 2 of my partners made a joking comment about them. Oh there’s a original idea wonder where they got that from ! Laughing of course as one said damn I really had hope for them individuality was there thing it was working

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Looks too close to a Street Glide clone but that's the style a lot of people like so in this case I'd say Polaris-Indian is giving the people what they want.

Time will tell if people jump from the HD ship to the Indian tug boat. A lot will depend on reliability and longevity of the drive train.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
@BBob on another Indian forum I follow someone put a thread up as to How many miles you got some pretty impressive responses. 1 guy with odometer pics at 100g 200g and 218,000 in Arizona on a 14 Chieftain. A bone stock bike zero mods. Nothing internal things like a belt clutch clutch cable tires brakes 1 fuel pump at 168,000 pretty impressive record. Another at 100g and one at 82g no internal engine repairs on any. They just mite have something here

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
@BBob on another Indian forum I follow someone put a thread up as to How many miles you got some pretty impressive responses. 1 guy with odometer pics at 100g 200g and 218,000 in Arizona on a 14 Chieftain. A bone stock bike zero mods. Nothing internal things like a belt clutch clutch cable tires brakes 1 fuel pump at 168,000 pretty impressive record. Another at 100g and one at 82g no internal engine repairs on any. They just mite have something here
I would say we've known for a long time that the designers, engineers, and plant workers at Polaris can make damn good bikes. For me the question that I no longer need to ask is can Polaris management successfully run a motorcycle company. Obviously it takes more than producing a reliable bike.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I would say we've known for a long time that the designers, engineers, and plant workers at Polaris can make damn good bikes. For me the question that I no longer need to ask is can Polaris management successfully run a motorcycle company. Obviously it takes more than producing a reliable bike.
Only time will tell on this go around Bob

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I recently saw a white one with the blacked out motor/exhaust, ect...ect.
Looked sharp. Wouldnt buy one cause I got better.... But sharp, none the less.

WW
View attachment 502471

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Only time will tell on this go around Bob
Um...no, time already told us. This current staff of management inherited a motorcycle company that made a solid, reliable bike that had excellent customer satisfaction ratings. The question of wether or not they can successfully run that company has already been answered with a resounding "NO!", because it's dead. I put faith in managers with a record of success, not failure. If you're still not convinced, Q3 reports are out, ZERO percent growth. More failure.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
@iabob but still not as bad as Harley's third-quarter but in the overall motorcycle industry your third and fourth quarters are always the worst of the year in sales . Hey if they only survive as long as Victory I'm pretty good with that I'll be dead anyway LOL I don't believe they Are going away anytime soon but like I said in the long game only time will tell

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
@iabob but still not as bad as Harley's third-quarter but in the overall motorcycle industry your third and fourth quarters are always the worst of the year in sales . Hey if they only survive as long as Victory I'm pretty good with that I'll be dead anyway LOL I don't believe they Are going away anytime soon but like I said in the long game only time will tell
We won't see Harley's full Q3 report until later today but the preview is revenue and profits are UP. Not so with Polaris' motorcycle division. Q3 2018 is compared to Q3 2017 so it's irrelevant that this is a slow period.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We won't see Harley's full Q3 report until later today but the preview is revenue and profits are UP. Not so with Polaris' motorcycle division. Q3 2018 is compared to Q3 2017 so it's irrelevant that this is a slow period.
biggest takeway is I saw HD's touring bikes up 16.7%, cruisers and sportsters both down single digits.

Looks like the entry level bikes and cruisers are the biggest component bringing down their sales numbers.

• Angry
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.