VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. I'm new to this forum but not to bikes. I'm 69 years old & have been riding for over 46 years. I'm from Cranston, RI.
This will be my 1st cruiser! I've ridden mostly sport type bikes.
I own a 2003 Aprilia Tuono & 2015 EBR1190SX.
I always said that if I tried a cruiser it would be a Victory of some kind.
Well when I heard that they were shutting down I was upset.
Then my local dealer(MOMs Foxboro, MA)had a great sale on new Octanes. $7,500!! The owner told me he had bought the remaining stock of Octanes!
As I did with the EBR I couldn't resist. How could I fine find out if I liked cruisers for less than for a new one.
It's shiny black.
I belong to AF1 Aprilia forum as well as AF1 EBR forum.
Later,
Don-M aka Kid Thunder

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new Vic!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Welcome to the VOG. Enjoy your new Ride! Let us know how you like it when the weather let's you get some riding in. In the meantime how about some photos.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!
I just checked inventory on line at moms for all Victory Models. Seems they have a lot of bikes for sale. Did you see a well stocked showroom ? Suede Green Gunners are plentiful as is Octanes.
Slim pickings on the tours.
Enjoy your new bike. They can be made to run very well.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Howdy!

In all those years of riding what was your favorite bike?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2003 Aprilia Tuono for modern & Kawasaki iZ1 for old school.
As for MOMs they are the largest Victory dealer in the USA! As told to me by the owner. You should see his warehouse in back! It's big as a factory.
Can't wait to give it a try. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Tuono though. Went to Indy from RI(1000 miles ea. way)in 2008.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Welcome to the VOG, @Kid Thunder . Congrats on the new Octane. I think you got a pretty sweet deal on that bike! Enjoy it. Do you have any plans to mod the bike up or are you going to leave it stock? I like that '03 Aprilia Tuono, btw. It uses that sweet Twin that the Mille used. A variation of that same engine, made by Rotax, is what powered my Can-Am Spyders. They were De-tuned for the Spyder, of course, but they were still very strong and pretty much bulletproof.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hi people. I'm new to this forum but not to bikes. I'm 69 years old & have been riding for over 46 years. I'm from Cranston, RI.
This will be my 1st cruiser! I've ridden mostly sport type bikes.
I own a 2003 Aprilia Tuono & 2015 EBR1190SX.
I always said that if I tried a cruiser it would be a Victory of some kind.
Well when I heard that they were shutting down I was upset.
Then my local dealer(MOMs Foxboro, MA)had a great sale on new Octanes. $7,500!! The owner told me he had bought the remaining stock of Octanes!
As I did with the EBR I couldn't resist. How could I fine find out if I liked cruisers for less than for a new one.
It's shiny black.
I belong to AF1 Aprilia forum as well as AF1 EBR forum.
Later,
Don-M aka Kid Thunder
Hard to pass up that price. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard from a fellow Rhode Islander. I was at MOMs Winter Bash a couple of weeks ago and took a lot of pics of their inventory, especially their back room. Supposedly have around 700 bikes back there, all makes and models.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Pics from MOMs Winter Bash Jan 2018

Attachments

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
:worthless:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My buddys & I go through there every weekend to get to CT. Nice area. I had company that day & couldn't make it to MOMs. But friends that did told me about the Octanes. I went up there that next week to have a look. Then went back the next day & put down a deposit!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No pictures yet. Octane is still at MOMs. Waiting for my DD214 papers for the $500 discount plus good weather. Also I fell on the ice & got 8 stitches in my forehead, separated rt shoulder & broken bone in my rt hand!! My friends call me the Master of Diaster!! Happened on 1/20 but I'm just about healed.
Question I have is what tires do you use on these Octane other than the stock rim protectors, Kendas?
I guess I'm kind of spoiled with MANY tires to chose from on my Aprilia/EBR.
Are radials ok with the Octane. Looking up tires I don't find many for the 130/70-18 fronts!
Any help?? Thanks

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
No pictures yet. Octane is still at MOMs. Waiting for my DD214 papers for the $500 discount plus good weather. Also I fell on the ice & got 8 stitches in my forehead, separated rt shoulder & broken bone in my rt hand!! My friends call me the Master of Diaster!! Happened on 1/20 but I'm just about healed.
Question I have is what tires do you use on these Octane other than the stock rim protectors, Kendas?
I guess I'm kind of spoiled with MANY tires to chose from on my Aprilia/EBR.
Are radials ok with the Octane. Looking up tires I don't find many for the 130/70-18 fronts!
Any help?? Thanks
There are probably more posts/threads on Indian Scout tires, since they are essentially the same bike but many more scouts on the road.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
It is the same size tire as the suzuki M109R stock front tire so their should be a few options out there for it. Dunlop E3, Metzeler 880, Avon Cobra, Pirelli Night Dragon, and Michelin Commander II all come in that size. There may be others as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.