VOG Forum banner

Just bought a 2010 jackpot

4343 29
I just stopped by the Victory dealer and purchased a 2010 Jackpot. Picking it up in a few days with stage 1 swept pipes and a touring seat for the wife. I am so exited. I've been a sports bike rider for the last 5 years and the wife we begging me to get a Harley... I couldn't see over paying just for the name and I love the jackpot look.

I am keeping the 05 GSXR 750 since it is still a fun bike and I will get the need for speed every now and then :)

What kind of mods should I look into for the jackpot?
Reactions: Ghostrider25
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Excellent choice, look forward to the pics. There are plenty of things you can add to it just look around the net. Here are a few links.

http://buywitchdoctors.com/
http://www.victoryonly.com/
http://www.arlenness.com/

Happy shopping.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Very nice, Welcome

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Welcome and nice choice in bikes. You started off with some excellent choices in add-ons. The seat makes a huge difference and I love the look of the swept exhaust. You may want to look into a quick release windshield and the rear contoured led blinkers. They really clean up the bike, I wish I had them. Enjoy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the replies. great first impression of the board.

I will take a peak at the links, thanks for sharing.

I do like the flush blinker look, the dealer gave me a few aftermarket books to take with me and they have them in there. Shows off the nice butt end of the bike.

Once I get delivery I will surely post a few pics and maybe a video.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Nice choice and welcome! I have heard others make the comment about the cost of a harley versus the cost of a vic, but I don't see it. When I was looking the price was pretty much the same. . .
At any rate, I have already started planning for my next bike and I suspect I will go with a Jackpot to sit next to my 8-ball Vegas. I love that fat rear tire.:)
Post some pics when you pick it up.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
rhogue said:
Nice choice and welcome! I have heard others make the comment about the cost of a harley versus the cost of a vic, but I don't see it. When I was looking the price was pretty much the same. . .
At any rate, I have already started planning for my next bike and I suspect I will go with a Jackpot to sit next to my 8-ball Vegas. I love that fat rear tire.:)
Post some pics when you pick it up.
Price may be the same, but you get much more for your money with a Vic if you ask me. Insurance is lower, motor is rock solid. All it needs is gas, oil and new tires now and then. Cost of ownership is much better with Vic vs. HD, but that's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
nice choice...does the mods ever end? not if you like chrome...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I am really excited.

One question, I was watching a few videos and it stated the jackpot came standard with a tach. I downloaded the manual from the victory site and it states the tach is optional. Does anyone have a pic and know if a tach is standard on the jackpot 2010?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts

Welcome to theVOG! I also am a new JP owner (about 1 month now) and you'll definitley get a lot out of this site. My suggestion is to spend some time going through some older threads for info & insight. You'll gain a lot of answers, even to questions you don't know you have yet.
I've put about 3k miles on my 2010 JP already in 4 weeks. I just can't put it down. I have about 2.5 months left of decent riding left and the routes around me are contagious. If you ever plan to put on a windsheild I suggest contacting http://www.victoryonly.com/ as they really helped me. I choose the Memphis Shades Fats Smoke. It is a great product and looks good in front of my black JP.
Be safe & have fun!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
kkeithan said:
I just stopped by the Victory dealer and purchased a 2010 Jackpot.

What kind of mods should I look into for the jackpot?
A word of advice, since you're coming off a sport bike I wouldn't spend any money on mods (accessories actually) until you've put a few thousand miles on the bike.

There are way too many used bikes on the market where people decided it wasn't quite what they were looking for and the poor owner has lost their shirt on accessories installed before they even rode it away.

Remember, you are lucky to get 10 cents on the dollar for accessories on resale.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
agree don't overspend until you have a better idea of what the bike needs to make you happy.

You've bought one of the better looking bikes to ever to be produced.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.