VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need all the info anyone can give on where to get stuff and info on this great bike. I already love it but feel left out of the party because it seems if even Victory has washed it's hands of the V 92.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

P.S.
Yes the bike in the picture is a much modified 2000 Drifter 1500 I recently totaled. Her demise helped me to get my V 92. I thought I knew what love was with her but then came the Victory. I love everything about the 92 'cept the lack of anything available for her. Even at the nearest dealer I almost punched the parts kid out because he was having entirely too much fun telling me that everything I asked about has been discontinued. Luckily to a faster thinking young man who remembered that stashed away upstairs was some forgotten about parts for a 92, such as a chrome luggage rack and saddlebag supports. If anyone has anything for one of these fine bikes let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Go check out thevmc.com It was started by us other redheaded step children. most everything to mod a classic cruiser with is made by some member in small batches. there are links to vendors, suppliers and aftermarket parts that fit your bike

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

That may be a good start....good luck.
I think this opens the door for many small fab shops to get their foot in the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts

GOTO EBAY "VICTORY MOTORCYCLES" BUY IT KNOW.768PARTS AND ACCESSORIES. MOST THINGS FROM '99 - '01WILL FIT YOUR BIKE WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS. I SHOULD HAVE AN "EBAY" STICKER ONMY '01 V92C. IF YOUNEED TO KNOW IF A PART WILL FIT I PROBABLY CAN HELP JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT.
ALSO, http://www.purepolaris.com/HAS ALOT OF STUFF YOU MIGHT BE LOOKING FOR. AT THE TOP IT WILL ASK FOR WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE, YEAR (WHICH ONLY GOES BACK TO 2001 BUT MOST PARTS WILL FIT) AND MODEL. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
56 Posts

Baseballs61 said:
Don't feel so bad, I have an '03 CC and Victory has discontinued damn near everything for it and aftermarket things are about the same.
Looking at the picture it is a great looking bike. A friend of mine who has a 1991 Harley was told by the dealer his bike was "Vintage" and he needed to find his parts at a swap meet or E-Bay!
Boomer

·
Registered
554 Posts
I sure am glad I bought everything that I wanted to put on my 03 Classic when I bought it new. I think its terrible that Victory has discontinude parts for thease not so old bikes. What are they thinking? oops thare not as far as Im conserned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just went to this shop in Danville VA. yesterday. It is all about the older Victory Bikes.

http://www.rocketrogersmotorcycles.com/

Tell him Andy from Full Throttle Sent you!!! He has some really great customs the he fabricated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this forum this morning so I could respond to your post. Let me just reiterate what some others have already posted:

classifieds on www.thevmc.com and ebay

Futhermore, there are a lot of performance mods available for the early Vic's (rocketrodgers, LloydZ, pmrt, etc....).

I bought two totaled Vics and a new frame from Victory and build my own early model Victory Custom. I will not say it was easy but I really enjoy having one of a kind. Early model bikes are becoming more scarce and sometimes late model riders don't even recognize them but don't you worry we early model Vic riders can appreciate a round tank.

blue

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys...

For you V-92sc owners(like me)97 Old Choppers on Ebay has a killer Carbon-fiber slip-on for a $100 bucks... I got one and it's a hundred times cooler than the D&D mega-phone that used to be on the bike. Bike seems to have picked up 8-10mph in every gear too...gotta like that!

Anyone know if Lloydz.com is still doing business??? They haven't shipped my part in 5 days or answered any of my, numerous, messages??? (calls and Email) I'm out $325 bucks!!! WTF???

Love my 2000 V-92sc...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
if it makes you feel any better when I bought my first Victory in 99 the dealer had no accessories in stock, barely knew anything about the bike and what little they did have was expensive as can be.

·
Registered
690 Posts

Stazi64 said:
Hey Guys...

For you V-92sc owners(like me)97 Old Choppers on Ebay has a killer Carbon-fiber slip-on for a $100 bucks... I got one and it's a hundred times cooler than the D&D mega-phone that used to be on the bike. Bike seems to have picked up 8-10mph in every gear too...gotta like that!

Anyone know if Lloydz.com is still doing business??? They haven't shipped my part in 5 days or answered any of my, numerous, messages??? (calls and Email) I'm out $325 bucks!!! WTF???

Love my 2000 V-92sc...
Usually Lloyd is not like that, most likely busy. But that's no excuse. It took a couple days but always answered my e-mail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.