VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was just suppose to be a quick filter change but turned out to be a fairly big overhaul!

I figured since I had the tank off, maybe I should go ahead and upgrade to a new fuel controller...man, that thing wss burried DEEP!! Ended up changing spark plugs, uprooting old fuel controller, checking oxygen sensors, cleaning air filter, upgrading to brighter headlamp bulbs and adjusting them, adding a battery tender harness and replacing the worn out shifter bushings with brass...

Tomorrow, oil/filter change and her ready for the new controller arrival!
All in a day's work, I supppse...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Oh, calling my bluff...you can visually verify it isn't loaded with soot or visually damaged and read it much like you would a spark plug and you can bench test them using a torch and a multi meter...but I'm not going i to details. I'll just link you up with some data

For your reading pleasure...

bench test o2 sensor - Google Search
I was just curious... I never had any. All that started in '08. Most guys do away with them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got curious so I just ran to my garage and visually inspected my O2 sensors.....still unplugged, good, good...:angel4::beatdeadhorse:

Reactions: rcupp
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.