VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on the Jurock 16" windshield (http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=32) that they made after I sent them my OEM blade. I have about 260 miles behind it and I really like it. The clarity is perfect and it provides excellent wind protection. I have also noticed that much of the low frequency vibration in my helmet over 65 mph to be gone.
You can get it made from 7" to 20" in 0.187 (3/16") thick cast military aircraft grade acrylic, specified for optical clarity. Available in clear or light gray. All shields are D.O.T. approved and are manufactured to order.Edges are hand groundand polished.CNC cut and drilled ready to install. Height is measured along the center line of the windshield.
Roy Perez at Jurock was great to work with and this is a great product. $100 get you a new shield!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Looking at these as well. Can't decide which company has the best shield for the best price. Let alone what's the 'right size' for my needs. The tall is too big for day to day, the standard isn't good enough.

Need the perfect size to allow some wind in the face and decent protection for the day to day commuting.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

for stryker-
How tall are you?
What is your inseam?
Do you wear a FF helmet or open or what?
Did you use the stock mounting bracket behind the W/S to mount the new one?
According to the 7jurock site, a 16" one is $150, still not a bad price for a piece of plastic. No matter how holy we think these bikes are, they are not rocket science. It just a bunch of nuts and bolts and plastic in an assembly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I am 73" tall with a 30" inseam, I wear a Bell Star FF the majority of the time but occasionally wear a half helmet.

No bracket installed. Removed the OEM W/S and inserted the Jurock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.