VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A gentleman named Bruce on the VRCC now has appx. 650k on his Honda Valkyrie. He is retired, now living in Florida, and just travels the country and makes most regional VRCC events. The flat six and Honda quality are awesome if you can take the limited riding position imposed by the motor. So glad I sat on a Cross Country exactly 3 summers ago in New Carlisle, OH, and you all know why.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I spoke with a guy on a indian forum I’m on. He has a 2014 Chieftain. He lives in Minnesota and his bike has 258,000 on it thus far. Hasn’t been in the motor yet. Only issue was a fuel pump at 169,000. I had my doubts at first till he appeared in last months Indian magazine. Basic maintenance that’s it. Oh yeah I believe a belt around 180g he said

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
The flat six and Honda quality are awesome if you can take the limited riding position imposed by the motor. So glad I sat on a Cross Country exactly 3 summers ago in New Carlisle, OH, and you all know why.
Completely agree. I had an 02 Goldwing that I put 53,000 on. It almost felt like riding a Boss Hoss, that engine was so wide. Highway pegs were uncomfortable. But the power delivery was almost electric; I could go from 35 MPH in 5th gear all the way to the speed limiter and never have to shift.

Then I tested a Cross Country in 2012...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The ride of a Goldwing is excellent along with the drivetrain. The damn thing is just to big for me all around. Even tho I always have given credit to it as a top touring bike. Just not for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.